C4 Forums | Control4

Enough already

wappinghigh

Right that is it. Correct me if I am wrong..?

I have been a loyal Control4 customer for near on 5-6 years and there is STILL no 230/240V plug in Zigbee or Zwave Control4 individual GPO solution?? (without getting a puck wired into the wall behind every GPO?).

Why do customers living outside North America have to put up with this?

I live in a "connected home" as well you know> Can you PLEASE do something about this? Thank you  

56 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Won't zwave now be an option?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Just checked. Still Not available AFAIK...

• Leviton Z-Wave VRPA1 Appliance Module is just 120V? like the inhouse Zigbee C4 solution.. 

And YES this is a "biggie"..because it is so DARN irritating.. How would you feel being treated like some sort of 2nd rate HA citizen for near on 5-6 years! (simply because you have 230V power)! haha/! 

Buyers strike! I flattly refuse to upgrade my controllers till Control4 DOES SOMETHING about this! LOL :P

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Well... If there is no z wave option. Either maybe there is no market for what you want?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Why does everything have to be "about: the market"?.. blah blah.. I've heard this nonsense before.. How hard would it be?..knowing this new Zwave module is coming out in the new controllers.(.that would have been planned for months..probably over a year) How hard would it be for someone from Control4 to say hey..how about we do a 220-240V GPO plugpack as well? Belkin can do it.. etc etc.. it's not always "about the market". Sometimes it also about showing a bit of nouce that ...hey wait a minute. Aren't there other people ...(yes and they might even be intelligent people as well :rolleyes:) interested in HA living outside the US?? 

7 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Why does everything have to be "about: the market"?.. blah blah.. I've heard this nonsense before.. How hard would it be?..knowing this new Zwave module is coming out in the new controllers.(.that would have been planned for months..probably over a year) How hard would it be for someone from Control4..even the VP of "solutions" himself to pick up the phone to that Chinese company (or even C4 to make a zwave plug themselves) and say,hey..how about you do a 240V GPO plugpack as well? Belkin can do it.. etc etc.. it's not always "about the market". Sometimes it also about showing a bit of nouce that ...hey wait a minute. Aren't there are other people ...(yes and they might even be intelligent people as well :rolleyes:) interested in HA living outside the US?? 

If there is no market, that means there are not enough people interested in purchasing it, so why would they spend time or money developing, testing, certifying and producing a device that there is no market for and will sit on shelves collecting dust?

2 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Right that is it. Correct me if I am wrong..?

I have been a loyal Control4 customer for near on 5-6 years and there is STILL no 230/240V plug in Zigbee or Zwave Control4 individual GPO solution?? (without getting a puck wired into the wall behind every GPO?).

Why do customers living outside North America have to put up with this?

I live in a "connected home" as well you know> Can you PLEASE do something about this? Thank you  

why not use Alan's driver for the Orvibo WiWo-S20? those are available in a 220 ver? and about 1/4 of the price of the c4 outlets.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/orvibo-wiwos20

23 minutes ago, vstar said:

why not use Alan's driver for the Orvibo WiWo-S20? those are available in a 220 ver?

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/orvibo-wiwos20

Because they don't do 5GHz wifi and besides I want like 20... and I already have over 75-85 networkable IP devices on my network, and I don;t want to go thru all the hassle of configuring another 20 addressable IP /mac 3rd party devices via standard wifi networking....(been there done that with wemo) And I also want something that exists within the Control4 space more directly. I have found it's more reliable that way.. These are to be used for control of critical devices like heating, cooling, wine fridges, water pumps, other alarms etc.. if control of a light fails... not a big deal.. but a wine fridge or water pump ? 

Archived