C4 Forums | Control4

Just Add Power Programming

jerrywolf

We currently have a 9x8 Just Add Power 2G+ Matrix set up with PoE receivers and a Luxul switch that was set up using JADConfig and the driver JAP provides for Control4 (with stereo audio extraction from JAP transmitters going to a 16x16 Control4 audio matrix which feeds the audio for the video zones). This setup works great and is reliable, but now I would like to see what else I can do with the JAP stuff.  For example, I would like to add text on screen when an event occurs or put a timer on a screen, etc., but cannot figure out how to do this in programming (assuming this is something I can do).  I have also seen JAP being able to use their image pull feature with Control4 touchscreens, and would like to integrate this as well.  Any info would be greatly appreciated, as well as knowing what can be done in composer HE vs Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing I would like to mention in relation to image pull - I have it setup on the JAP devices, and I can browse to an ip address on my network such as 192.168.200.130/pull.bmp for example, and get a bitmap of the most recent image pull. I have it set to be 640 pixels wide and refresh every 1 second.  Is there a driver to show an image from a URL that can refresh every x seconds that could work with this? Even better, one that would be available under the watch menu (like a now playing driver for video or something similar).

Also, for the text on screen (JAP calls it on-screen display) does anyone know if this can be achieved through a console command directly? I can send console commands to a receiver with the RS232 driver for the JAP device, but there is no option to directly send text on screen? (This feature is available directly in the RTI JAP driver) (I am an RTI dealer and JAP dealer, and as that's what I prefer to use with RTI installations, so I decided to use it with our personal Control4 installation, but it is fairly new to my control4 dealer).

If anyone has any of these answers, it would be awesome! If not, I can contact Just add Power support again for the on-screen display/console commands.  They mentioned they think there is a driver that will work with image pull (not theirs), and to ask the dealer.

14 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

This is so cool! Wow an 9x8 JAP set up!... Such an awesome set up.. I am envious!  JAP rocks. How good would this be in 4K?! 

It really is great, especially with the instant switching, PoE receivers, and flexibility to add virtually unlimited displays, since the only limitation is switch size. We are doing the vacation condo now with the 4K 3G+AVP products (it will only be a 6x5 setup), so I will find out soon how the 4K will be!

6 minutes ago, jerrywolf said:

It really is great, especially with the instant switching, PoE receivers, and flexibility to add virtually unlimited displays, since the only limitation is switch size. We are doing the vacation condo now with the 4K 3G+AVP products (it will only be a 6x5 setup), so I will find out soon how the 4K will be!

Let us know how it goes!

12 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Keen to know is this works with the T3s or just the older Touchscreens?

I would like to know as well.  I have phased out everything but T3s, but I still don't know how this was done.  I'm hoping it's not a special app that was only available on the older TS's

It looks very powerful! So like you, I hope it works on T3s... if so, I want to try it!

I am phasing out my V2s but still have 2 in places where I have to have the ability to pull up cameras (when opening a gate). T3s can't do this (hopefully one day they will be able to). This image pull for JAP could solve my problem and give some really cool extra functionality. If you find out how it works, let us know!

4 hours ago, jerrywolf said:

""only" a 6x5 set up" hahahahaha LMFAO! "@ "the vacation condo" That is friggen awesome! Yes. You definitely need to let us know! Thanks Jerry (Seinfeld) ;)

Archived