C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace Switch swap-out

koxkp

Question

My house was built with the fireplace controlled on/off by the wall switch. I wired to the controller as well, but thinking about the best solution for the fireplace. Since the switch is already on the wall it seems like it would make more sense to use it.

Is switch a good candidate for a C4 fireplace switch?

Anything else to consider before I buy one?

fireplace switch.JPG

3 answers to this question

Nope.

For one, the fireplace switch is no longer sold.

But more importantly, the fireplace requires 110v AS WELL as the low voltage wires. As near as I can tell - you don't have that  option. I'd use the low voltage wires to power a keypad, and use the wiring to the controller for actual control.

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Nope.

For one, the fireplace switch is no longer sold.

But more importantly, the fireplace requires 110v AS WELL as the low voltage wires. As near as I can tell - you don't have that  option. I'd use the low voltage wires to power a keypad, and use the wiring to the controller for actual control.

Thanks for clearing that up. Lots of fireplace switches on ebay, but I would have wasted my money without a 110v wire. I'll start to get this ready as it gets colder outside :)

I am in the process of doing this myself. I have put a card access wireless relay to control the fireplace relay. For the switch, I am using a configurable keypad and powering it with a 48 volt power supply and using the 2 conductor wire that was used for the existing switch. I am getting power from below the fireplace where there is typically a wired outlet that is used for blowers if installed.

Archived