C4 Forums | Control4

Seeking HC-800 19V Power Supply

s1gnal

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

IEC 60130-10 type d is what I THINK I have here.

That's a 6.3mm outer dimension, 3.1mm inner dimension. Original is 10-11mm long, but I have a 9.5mm long here and that works fine.

Thanks, @Cyknight - I found a place or two that has these connectors.

Must say, however, that it is absurd to have to fabricate a power supply for a 4yr old product.

Shocked that no dealers here can offer to order a replacement power supply from C4...

2 hours ago, s1gnal said:

Shocked that no dealers here can offer to order a replacement power supply from C4...

Who says they couldn't? What the relative cost of that would be though...

As per an earlier post, I can simply pick up a powersupply and end locally, have it today and cheaper than going through Control4.

27 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Who says they couldn't? What the relative cost of that would be though...

Who said they could, @Cyknight?  ;)

28 posts, and not one mention of price, availability, or order info.

27 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

As per an earlier post, I can simply pick up a powersupply and end locally, have it today and cheaper than going through Control4.

Your earlier post (like almost all of your posts) was super helpful. Although, in my case, I cannot seem to find this part locally, and cannot find a US retailer that carries them. I've found a ton of AU and NZ ecomm sites that have it, but closest I've gotten is Canada:

http://www.btw-electronics.net/PLUGS-JACKS-ADAPTERS-CABLES-CONNECTORS/DC Coaxial Plug 3.1mm ?sort=p.model&order=DESC&page=7&limit=50

Got any leads on a US online distributor that carries these exact plugs?

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2016 at 5:45 PM, C4Jockey said:

I too am looking for a replacement power supply.

I went on a trip to Best Buy today and bought 3 universal power supplies, just in case, with the correct voltage and amperage.  NONE of the tips fit!

Any ideas out there? Is this available from Control4?

Thanks!

@C4Jockey @Thatguy230 - after doing a bunch of research, I acquired a handful of replacement power supplies for the hc800 - if either of you or someone you know is still interested, DM me for more info. I have 2 left, selling for $45 each.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived