C4 Forums | Control4

Shuffle and Repeat with Napster not working

Adidaswood

I have to respectfully disagree.  shuffle stays on no matter what I do based on the new code, as long as I've turned it on once.  If you look at my old code it is very similar and i turned shuffle on every single time.  Once i introduce a "station" it gets all messed up.

But this is easy to test.  I'll try it right now.  As my lovely wife likes to point out, I've been wrong before.

I'll post back with results.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:16 AM, Adidaswood said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  shuffle stays on no matter what I do based on the new code, as long as I've turned it on once.  If you look at my old code it is very similar and i turned shuffle on every single time.  Once i introduce a "station" it gets all messed up.

But this is easy to test.  I'll try it right now.  As my lovely wife likes to point out, I've been wrong before.

I'll post back with results.

Yes, you are correct. The way you programmed it shuffle stays on. I'll recreate the script in my system and I'll let you know what I find out. 

I am now very confident the issue is with the Channels.  shuffle won't come back on once a channel has been played within the session.  even if I add the shuffle commands back to the media selection routine...

I'm also having another issue where it won't stay on the Christmas playlist, I suspect because i'm changing the variable for if Christmas is false.  Which instantiates the "When variable changes for music" and boom skips right past it.  

I think I know both the issues now.  I just need to adjust the logic which probably includes moving this code back to the button press or tap event.  

I'm going to get a few last minute errands done and when I get home I'm gonna fix this.  Yay!! Determination.

by the way can anyone explain the press vs tap to me?

each button can do press. release, single-triple taps.

If you don't ever plan on using taps, stick with the press.  taps do add a slight delay for the system to count how many taps you're doing.

you want instantaneous reaction, so use press.

As for explanation, press/release, volume is the perfect example.  On press, increment output- On release. stop incrementing output.

Now with taps, these are all press events with built in logic for counting how many presses.

If anyone has any other detailed info to add please do, this is lamens terms for most.

18 hours ago, lippavisual said:

each button can do press. release, single-triple taps.

If you don't ever plan on using taps, stick with the press.  taps do add a slight delay for the system to count how many taps you're doing.

you want instantaneous reaction, so use press.

As for explanation, press/release, volume is the perfect example.  On press, increment output- On release. stop incrementing output.

Now with taps, these are all press events with built in logic for counting how many presses.

If anyone has any other detailed info to add please do, this is lamens terms for most.

So if double tap turns the media off, and I use press to change the music playlist, then in theory i would change the music twice and run all that code twice before the double tap registers and turns the media off. 

Archived