C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Events Driver for Control4 ?

seth_j

Ya, don't ever see it happening really.  The Ring is a closed system for DIYers, period.  The cash grab is for DIYers to pay them monthly to see your footage.

I don't see either C4 or Ring changing anything to get this to work.  You want video on TV's, Ts's, etc., you must move up the chain to integrated products or get another camera out there to use its video, if you want to keep the Ring.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Ya, don't ever see it happening really.  The Ring is a closed system for DIYers, period.  The cash grab is for DIYers to pay them monthly to see your footage.

I don't see either C4 or Ring changing anything to get this to work.  You want video on TV's, Ts's, etc., you must move up the chain to integrated products or get another camera out there to use its video, if you want to keep the Ring.

I have had good luck getting the nest doorbell up on sony tvs and other android boxes with app launching, stupid that ring doesnt allow this though I havent tried to sideload the ring app because it could not work or break at any moment really. With an elk930 and 924 I can get button presses into c4 for announcements, just had to upgrade to a 24v transformer.

Archived