C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Events Driver for Control4 ?

seth_j

there are some announcement improvements in 2.10 that may make it even faster. But i was using it under 2.9.1 and it was good.

Ok thanks. I will stay on 2.91 for now as I have a hc200 as well coming to control my HT. Very basic system :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi All,

I have ring doorbell 2 operated via batteries and wifi.

If I integrate my ring doorbell with this driver into C4, if someone pushes the doorbell does it still bring up the ring app ? Will this driver display video on who is at the front door? or will it have both playing back mp3 audio via speakers and also bring up video via the ring app?

How do you guys have it set up?

Thanks,

K.

Deleted - I didn’t see msgreenf posts answering the question(s).

On 12/15/2017 at 2:44 AM, msgreenf said:

So I use it to play an announcement (chime sound) and to bring up on screen another front door cam, not the doorbell itself.

Can you give me some insight on how you are bringing up on screen the other camera?  I've been struggling with this piece....

1 hour ago, Dave w said:

Can you give me some insight on how you are bringing up on screen the other camera?  I've been struggling with this piece....

It's a feature added in composer 2.10 that allowed you to page flip to a camera via programming

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 1:53 PM, jfh said:

I have a Ring Elite powered by PoE

Can someone please tell me where the wires from the doorbell contact terminals should be run to an EA5 so that I can program a local event when the button is pressed?

You need an Elk 930 doorbell detector module to convert the 24 volt AC doorbell signal into a contact closure signal. 

https://www.elkproducts.com/product-catalog/elk-930-doorbell-and-telephone-ring-detector

You probably also need a 24v AC doorbell transformer in the loop to replicate an actual door come circuit:

transformer positive to Ring in

Ring out to Elk 930 doorbell sense in

Elk 930 doorbell sense out to transformer negative

4 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

You need an Elk 930 doorbell detector module to convert the 24 volt AC doorbell signal into a contact closure signal. 

https://www.elkproducts.com/product-catalog/elk-930-doorbell-and-telephone-ring-detector

You probably also need a 24v AC doorbell transformer in the loop to replicate an actual door come circuit:

transformer positive to Ring in

Ring out to Elk 930 doorbell sense in

Elk 930 doorbell sense out to transformer negative

He has the elite which is poe powered. Also with the driver you do not need to hook up the door bell wires

On 11/23/2017 at 3:55 PM, jfh said:

I like the Ring but absolutely must have the ability for the button press to generate a local event that does not depend on the cloud.  If Ring fails to display, no big deal. But I need lights to trigger in sequence if the bell is pressed for a family member that is deaf.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:07 PM, jfh said:

From everything I read both here and elsewhere it sounded easy.  And I figured I couldn't be the only person who wanted to use the function with Control4.  It can trigger a standard chime.  How can it not trigger some open/close contact state to C4?

4 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

He has the elite which is poe powered. Also with the driver you do not need to hook up the door bell wires

@Matt Lowe If you read @jfh's other comments, he also wants local control as a backup to the cloud integration. The only way to do that is with the ELK 930 and a conventional doorbell circuit (which does not necessarily have to be connected to a chime.)

• 1 month later...
On 18/12/2017 at 1:11 AM, Kevin L said:

It's a feature added in composer 2.10 that allowed you to page flip to a camera via programming

Hi. I am adding a ring doorbell and have Hikvision camera on the porch, can you get the event driver to put the Hikvision feed on to T3 panels then when the ring doorbell is activated or motion detected as my dealer said this can’t be done. Thanks. Steve. 

6 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

Hi. I am adding a ring doorbell and have Hikvision camera on the porch, can you get the event driver to put the Hikvision feed on to T3 panels then when the ring doorbell is activated or motion detected as my dealer said this can’t be done. Thanks. Steve. 

If the HikVision camera is IP, yes.  If analog, no.

Requires use of the Jump command and 2.10

whenever my doorbell rings I put the camera feed on all T3s in rooms that are occupied.

2 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

The camera is analog but it is displayed on the panels with a driver, is it still a no in that case. I am new to Control4, only had it installed a month ago so still learning. 

if you already have the cameras in your control4 system yes.

You would need to be on 2.10.x to do this.  You need the page flip agent + ring driver

34 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

If you have the Hikvision driver installed and are on 2.10+ then yes it can be done. I have this at my house right now. Works great. Even added the ring chime sound to the announcement agent and play it in the T3.  Same for the motion alert sound. 

33 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

Brilliant thanks for all the replies I will tell my dealer. Love Control4 I have loads of tech integrated now and it works brilliantly. 

Your dealer can reach out to me and I can show them how to do it if they cant figure it out. 

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

if you already have the cameras in your control4 system yes.

You would need to be on 2.10.x to do this.  You need the page flip agent + ring driver

How do you use jump with an analog camera?  I can't select any analog camera with jump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2018 at 6:28 PM, Kevin L said:

Your dealer can reach out to me and I can show them how to do it if they cant figure it out. 

Dealer installed the driver yesterday and it works great, have my front porch camera automatically on all touchscreens for motion and button press as well as whole house doorbells through the ceiling speakers.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Uh...its not C4's problem..it's the POS Ring product that isn't allowing it.  They want you to pay them monthly for your recordings.

If you go back and read in this thread Kevin from Blackwire talked about how C4 needed to change some things before they could get the Ring recordings to show up.

On 7/21/2018 at 11:50 PM, Kidsat said:

Did Control 4 ever do what was required so the Blachwire driver can have video?

Spend resources making changes so a third party driver for a third party product gets new features?  Not saying it won't happen but I can't imagine it's a priority. 

Archived