C4 Forums | Control4

No Onscreen Menu

Hi there, I have been reading this forum for a while, but never posted anything. Any help would be appreciated. On the weekend my installer replaced a HTC300 (old one had failed). Problem is the onscreen menu doesn't show up any more? The buttons on the remote (watch listen) all work, and when I hit TV for example its all working, but when I hit the "4" button on the remote nothing happens. I have tried re-booting the HTC, but still nothing. It doesn't flash any IR to any components. When I manually change the input on the TV to where the menu is supposed to be it's not there. After re-booting it shows up for a brief while, but then disappears. When it is on the screen, it is lokced and doesnt react to button pushes (arrow keys)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

4Sight is what allows remote access. However, if you're running v1.6, than your dealer doesn't need it - as you can request your controller to connect up to him and he can make the fix for you. Either way - contact your dealer as he should be able to quickly help you out.

Hi again everyone, the connection was not made as you mentioned. My istaller came by and fixed that up. However now the menu screen is not legible, it is black and white and rolling down the screen with horizontal lines. We tried a few different inputs on the TV and all were the same, including composite and svideo. Could this be another defective HC300? it is set to NTSC and not PAL.

Thanks

Archived