C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Neo zone reversed

I'm having the hardest time trying to get a zone right. It shows ready to arm when the door is open, and open zone when closed. I've tried power cycling the panel, deleting and re-adding the zone, and removing the battery while open and then closing the door and re-inserting the battery. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any tricks to get this corrected?

10 hours ago, Ivan James said:

I'm having the hardest time trying to get a zone right. It shows ready to arm when the door is open, and open zone when closed. I've tried power cycling the panel, deleting and re-adding the zone, and removing the battery while open and then closing the door and re-inserting the battery. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any tricks to get this corrected?

sorry, I didn't get. Neo doesn't work properly, or C4 doesn't work properly?

On 6/10/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ivan James said:

Yes it shows it as open on the DSC keypad when closed, and ready to arm when the door is open. 

Have you tried wiring that zone to another location in your panel?  Just to test.

6 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Have you tried wiring that zone to another location in your panel?  Just to test.

Is he security tech.? why should he touch wiring? He can do it if he want's to pay for security tech. visit. 

First confirm your Neo works ok, if it is not, call security company (you can't do it, you need installer code to log in, don't try, system can be monitored)

if Neo works well.... call C4 tech support, I didn't do Neo and C4 integration, but I know it suppose to be connected to PC-Link 2, some firmware issue can be as well, call C4 tech support after you confirm Neo works good.

It can easily be done but It all depends on his level of expertise.  I fully installed my NEO system and not too difficult (I'm not a security professional). But Ivan should assess his own comfort doing this.

Ps, he already confirmed his system was not workin g properly I thought and had already referenced I thought some zone codes from the installer menu.

6 hours ago, ejn1 said:

It can easily be done but It all depends on his level of expertise.  I fully installed my NEO system and not too difficult (I'm not a security professional). But Ivan should assess his own comfort doing this.

Ps, he already confirmed his system was not workin g properly I thought and had already referenced I thought some zone codes from the installer menu.

Do you know Master Installer code??? or do you know way to do anything without it? can you let me know how?

26 minutes ago, vitali said:

Do you know Master Installer code??? or do you know way to do anything without it? can you let me know how?

Yes I have the master code. I've done all the installation and programming myself. It hasn't gone so smoothly, but with help from ejn1 and others I've managed to get it all done except for this. I don't think I need an installer to fix this, but if I can't get it fixed that will be the last resort.

16 hours ago, vitali said:

Default code is 5555.  If a alarm company installed it then they may have changed the code and you can always try calling them an asking for It.  

15 hours ago, Ivan James said:

Yes I have the master code. I've done all the installation and programming myself. It hasn't gone so smoothly, but with help from ejn1 and others I've managed to get it all done except for this. I don't think I need an installer to fix this, but if I can't get it fixed that will be the last resort.

What kind of wireless sensor is It?  Do you have other identical sensors that are working?

7 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Default code is 5555.  If a alarm company installed it then they may have changed the code and you can always try calling them an asking for It.  

exactly, that code everybody knows. usually it changed to 1111 :) and it is a big secret.

security companies change that code. I do NEO installations, I never leave it 5555, I so might be few times installed systems with default code.

1 hour ago, vitali said:

exactly, that code everybody knows. usually it changed to 1111 :) and it is a big secret.

security companies change that code. I do NEO installations, I never leave it 5555, I so might be few times installed systems with default code.

If the security company has installed a system free in exchange for monthly contract then they have the right to have their own installer code.  If not, it should be given to the homeowner if requested imo.   5555 is the system default but as you say you can change to whatever you want.   

1 hour ago, Ivan James said:

It's a PG9945. Yes I have two others working fine. I may just buy a new one and see if it works.

http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=2469

And all settings in the zone setup is identical across the three sensors?   What zone slots are the 3 located in?  Do they span across a  8 zone bank?  E.g. 2 on zones 1-8 and 1 sensor in zone bank 9-16?  

Archived