C4 Forums | Control4

HC 200 is Now Shipping!

Soundboy

I just received an email from Control 4 that the HC200 is now available.

Connections

· Audio Input: 1 analog 3.5mm

· Audio Output: 1 analog left/right RCA connection

· Video Output: Component and composite video out

· On-screen display output: SD or HD

· IR: 1 front panel input, 1 front panel blaster output, 4 output 3.5mm jacks

· Serial: 2 IR jacks are configurable to serial using the optional DB9 RS232 connector cables

· USB: 1 rear USB 2.0

Communications

· Wireless ZigBee (802.15.4) mesh networking

· Ethernet (802.3) 10/100base-T, RJ45 jack

· WiFi (802.11g) - adaptor optional

As a reminder this is a single controller project controller.. which means if this runs the project its all you can have as far as controllers go ( no other hc300/500 etc )

or else its a slave device meaning you need an HC300/500/1000 running the project. These are great because they fit behind the tvs and are very affordable.

Also as a 1 room solution is beyond amazing. No other remote can come close to it

It comes with the SR150 remote which does not have an LCD screen. Its a great remote though.

Sounds like this would also be an option for someone who was looking to add Zigbee elsewhere in the house but can't move one of their existing controllers. I have an HTC and a HC300, both in the basement server closet, but both maxed out on Serial and other connections. My Zigbee coverage up high in the house has always been sketchy and the CardAccess device, while useful as a switch, has never provided me with improved Zigbee coverage.

Could my dealer add one of these as a second Zigbee controller someplace that has a network and power hookup? That wouldn't be a bad option, $499 including the extra remote . . .

Can someone confirm this is possible?

--Jason

Yes, that's one of the main uses for the new HC-200, additional Zigbee coverage (as well as an additional on-screen display). As Kevin said, your dealer should change devices on that floor or closer to that controller to a different Zigbee channel.

Note that the remote that comes with the HC-200 is the SR-150, which is meant to be used mainly for on-screen control and transport control once a device is selected, and does NOT have the OLED display like the SR-250 does.

RyanE

Then if you wanted an SR250 remote for $200 and the HC 200 at $499, its the same as an HC 300 cost wise but you don't get all the features of the HC 300. Is there an available upgrade to get the SR250 with the HC 200 that costs less than adding the total cost of a separate SR250?

Then if you wanted an SR250 remote for $200 and the HC 200 at $499, its the same as an HC 300 cost wise but you don't get all the features of the HC 300. Is there an available upgrade to get the SR250 with the HC 200 that costs less than adding the total cost of a separate SR250?

No sorry, maybe your dealer can do something.

I would.

Then if you wanted an SR250 remote for $200 and the HC 200 at $499' date=' its the same as an HC 300 cost wise but you don't get all the features of the HC 300. Is there an available upgrade to get the SR250 with the HC 200 that costs less than adding the total cost of a separate SR250?[/quote']

No sorry, maybe your dealer can do something.

I would.

Good idea. I had e-mailed him when I saw the HC200 was available to add to a TV I wasn't originally going to have on the system. I'm going to see him tomorrow morning. Pre-wiring starts tomorrow! I'll ask him then!

Well, what you get for the HC200 instead of the HC300 is a controller that is the size to be mounted behind a flatscreen.

Yeah, it has fewer connection options, but it has to to maintain the form factor.

One of the reasons it has the SR150 is that since it's meant to be a 'satellite' controller (in the local room), it's likely that the end user would use the on-screen menu to choose their sources, etc., and could actually be less confusing to someone in that situation. I love the OLED/LCD menu myself, but my wife uses it much less than me, she'd rather use the on-screen.

There have been dealers asking for an HC200 option that includes the SR-250 at some additional cost over the HC200 with the SR-150, and it might happen at some point in the future from Control4, but there's currently not that option.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived