C4 Forums | Control4

How to display now playing screen on T3?

jfh

Question

I would like a T3 screen in a particular room to display the Now Playing screen when a music source becomes active.  Can this be done?  How?

(Obviously the source in question isn't being selected from the T3 in the room)

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

As there is no bookmarking available except for cameras (OS2.10) available yet for T3s, you cannot do this directly.  Depending what exactly you want, you may be able to achieve the desired result by activating the media screen saver (which shows what is currently playing).

Thanks.

I did not realize there was a media screen saver!  For most rooms this may do what I want.  There is one room where I want a TV to come on with the NP screen.  I can probably go to the C4 navigator and send remote commands to get to the screen.

i didn't think there was a way to press an icon on a screen programmatically, but was hoping :)

3 hours ago, jfh said:

Thanks.

I did not realize there was a media screen saver!  For most rooms this may do what I want.  There is one room where I want a TV to come on with the NP screen.  I can probably go to the C4 navigator and send remote commands to get to the screen.

i didn't think there was a way to press an icon on a screen programmatically, but was hoping :)

You can press an icon but it is a bit tricky and takes some playing around... something like the following works:

0. Press the C4 button for the room so as to pull up the OSD on the TV.

1. Press left in the room.

2. Delay 250 milliseconds (may not be needed)

3. Repeat one and two numerous times (maybe 10).

The above will always get you to the same spot on the OSD. You can now move right, down or up as often as needed, press enter etc. Again, delays may be needed...

Essentially, steps one to three get you to the same place on the navigator screen irrespective of where you left the cursor and from there you can move around, press enter etc. and thus make something happen.

Hope this makes sense?

2 hours ago, eddy.trochez said:

To display the Now Playing Screen on a TV, program the following commands:

Press the C4 button

press the info button

Thanks!   That should work great for what I want to do.   Displaying it on a TV was actually the problem I was trying to solve, though I said T3.  However the now playing screen saver will come in handy..

It wasn't working on one TV I tested on because that TV gets C4 audio and video through an HDMI switch I just figured out it won't work for TVs hooked up to receivers that get audio and video from different HDMI feeds.  (duh!)

Archived