C4 Forums | Control4

control4 entertainment system connected to Alexa

Lou Guerrero

Question

i just added Alexa and i was able to easily connect to my lights.  however, i cannot seem to connect to the entertainment system to watch tv or listen to music?  what am i missing.  i have a samsung tv and a denon receiver that i run thru my control4 seemlessly but i can’t get alexa to operate those functions.

5 answers to this question

i just added Alexa and i was able to easily connect to my lights.  however, i cannot seem to connect to the entertainment system to watch tv or listen to music?  what am i missing.  i have a samsung tv and a denon receiver that i run thru my control4 seemlessly but i can’t get alexa to operate those functions.
You need to install and configure the voice scene driver. All media control requires scenes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or...try the Echo driver from Epic Systems (my company)...gives you faster response times, doesn't require 4sight annual license, doesn't stop working when 4 sight services go down (which seems to happen a few times a week lately...) and provides you with 5 events (ON, OFF, UP, DOWN, and SET) for each command you define, as opposed to the voice scenes driver which just does ON and OFF. This becomes useful for programming to raise and lower the volume, temperature, shades, light levels, etc. SET let's you specify an exact lighting, volume, shade percentage with one line of programming. Can't do any of that with the standard control4 voice scenes driver...

www.epic-systems.com

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, you can do that with an echo dot connected directly to a control4 amplifier input or AVR input, without necessarily needing our driver.

However you would first want to use our driver to turn on the kitchen zone (which would programmatically do the same thing as selecting the Dot input for the kitchen, same as you would do from the Listen menu in the control4 app or remote). Then you can simply tell Alexa to play whatever you want (playlist, song, artist, etc)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Archived