C4 Forums | Control4

Security remote monitoring

osa

Question

So I have an ancient Honeywell Vista 10P security system. From what I read, it's compatible with C4 (with 4232CBM module). Once integrated:

1. can I control it with Alexa?

2. Does C4 sends push notifications for remote monitoring? If so, do I have to pay for 3rd party Security Monitoring service in addition to 4sight to get phone notifications?

3. Will I lose any critical controls if I get rid of old wall controllers?

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

You need the vista 20 9.x for the 4232, but the 10 will work with the houselogix HSIM 

1. Short answer no, but yes, although I don’t recommend automating a disarm function

2. Control4 does not monitor your security system. Yes you need 4sight to notifications. 

3. Not really but you should keep at least one, especially near entry door

You need the vista 20 9.x for the 4232, but the 10 will work with the houselogix HSIM 

1. Short answer no, but yes, although I don’t recommend automating a disarm function
2. Control4 does not monitor your security system. Yes you need 4sight to notifications. 
3. Not really but you should keep at least one, especially near entry door
Nope. Vista 15p is supported by the driver tooy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, knowitall said:

And OP has a vista 10. 

Open the door and look at the chip on the panel. Version ???

WA10P-2.0    What is OP? Is there another module that can help integrate my Vista 10P with C4?

Thanks to knowitall for suggesting Houselogix Security Integration Module! Free driver is a nice bonus.

That panel will not work with the Honeywell 4232 unfortunately 

OP stands for “original poster” basically person who started the thread/conversation  

Since the HSIM is a generic interface, it may leave out some functionality, but will allow for zone open/closing reporting and arm/disarm  

how many total zones do you have? Any wireless? 

Archived