C4 Forums | Control4

HD Fury - do these help with HDCP issues?

zaphod

6 minutes ago, Jed Peters said:

Monoprice Slimrun 4k 60hz.

And re: the Denon, I've run the marantz (yes, same guts) and replaced a NAD. 

What AVR would you recommend?

Don't know. But why should consumers have to replace any gear due to poor HDCP implementation? When gear is "supposed to be" HDCP certified..? I have had problems like this with Samsung (Their new 4K so called HDCP 2.2 certified BluRay player talking to a certified HDCP 2.2 Sony TV)... And aren't both members of "the alliance"?. and on and on it goes.. I am sure their are many many other examples out there... 

1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

BTW "blinking" still occurs over 1 meter... distance is only one of the factors.. 

What happens over 1m source to display without passing it through the marantz?

What happens when you bypass the marantz and plug the source directly into your long hdmi?

It is likely either A the marantz is messing you up. B the HDMI cable is messing you up or C both. Troubleshoot 1 at a time and let's see. I have 15m hdmi from family room rack to main AV rack feeding an nvidia shield into an Integra AVR then 15m hdmi back to the un65ks8000 with 4k no problem. Never had blinking or snow in the image so it is possible over that length

2 hours ago, wappinghigh said:

Don't know. But why should consumers have to replace any gear due to poor HDCP implementation? When gear is "supposed to be" HDCP certified..? I have had problems like this with Samsung (Their new 4K so called HDCP 2.2 certified BluRay player talking to a certified HDCP 2.2 Sony TV)... And aren't both members of "the alliance"?. and on and on it goes.. I am sure their are many many other examples out there...

One large issue is that instead of making hdmi cables that are to spec, many companies made ones that did 7/8 of the bandwidth (due to expense either using fiber, active circuitry or higher awg). When passing 1080 which is 1/2 the total bandwidth there were much less issues. Then when going up to 4k and pushing the limits of the current spec those cables short comings show up

HDFury goes it alone for 10 years vs the Hollywood HDCP cartel (who have destroyed HDMI as the consumer experience it should have been) by showing us how HDMI really should work! And what is is truely capable of.. a hassle free, lightning quick, single cable connection that passes video and audio between devices in an instant. If HDMI with HDCP is so perfect why so many complaints around the web of the myriads of problems getting products and the HT experience working as it should - instead ruined by HDCP. So much consumer money and effort in time wasted trying to get simple (so call "certified") paid for devices to talk to each other properly (as they should have been doing in the first place) just so the Cartel (can think) they protect their digital rights when all it does is penalise law abiding paying consumers at the behest of rip off merchants who have cracked 4K (and every other video resolution and format before it) anyway already you clowns! So much for HDCP being any use whatsoever other than a complete PITA to consumers in the first place..the very consumers you are trying to sell your premium product to, as Hollywood continues to bite the hand that feeds it !!! Hollywood YOU BLOODY FOOLS! 

I don't give a crap for your silly little games with HDCP you bloody fools. What I care about is getting a trouble free experience that I paid for and should have got in the first place. All this does is make me think twice every time I go to spend money on a 4K bluray, or watch your content on a Netflix or Apple, or consider buying the next bit of 4K hardware...Don't you get it? Your stupid antics simply THROTTLES THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY and just makes me think twice and spend my time elsewhere and keep my wallet shut for the next 4K content or hardware or value add HT service or purchase. YOU BLOODY FOOLS! 

HDFury is like flying First Class instead of economy. It gets you thru the security and Immigration bottlenecks WAY quicker and thereby gives you a whole better airport and flying experience. The only difference is that unlike Hollywood, in the case of the Airline Industry paying the extra to bypass the hassle and costs imposed on the consumer by extra "security measures"" benefits the consumer who pays to get thru the bottlenecks. But oh no instead Hollywood puts the costs it should be paying for security smack bang on the paying customer and makes the experience worse for that paying consumer. GO BLOODY FIGURE> 

51 minutes ago, THawes said:

Man, I don't know what gremlins took up residence inside your system but I've never seen the kind of issues you seem to think are plaguing the entire world. :D

You only see them when you seek perfection, and stay "state of the art" - purchasing equipment that hits the shelves immediately it is released. Before firmware and hardware etc is fully tested on consumers etc.

Why get up in the morning? Why live? If you don't live enthusiastically in life. If you don't have passion, why bother? You either accept "blink" and delay's in transmission and blank screens that go on/off then finally lock (after they handshake), or annoying messages popping up, or rebooting devices to make them finally lock or you don't.

I don't. I seek precision and perfection in everything I do. Cheers. 

Patient. "Doc is there anything else that can be done"?

Doc'. "Nope. I'm not challenging the health fund. That's it. They say the treatment isn't available because they aint covering the cost of it, so that's it." "Them's the rules".... 

Would you accept such a doc? Or such an attitude from your health fund? 

So why do we have to accept this from the AV industry and Hollywood? 

Archived