C4 Forums | Control4

problems integrating Leaf LTHDMI88E

I bought a used LTHDMI88E (with related LTB1E HTbaseT's) on here in October.  I finally have integrator here and we're having an issue getting video to pass.  When he runs a calibration i see sources cycle through the rooms but when trying select them through the C4 remote no video shows up. 

He is able to manually select sources on the LTHDMI88E and have it show up in a room.. 

Any suggestions?  Manual is pretty limited.

Just now, knowitall said:

Or matrix isn’t controlled. Need composer pro

Integrator has Composer Pro... It's RS232 controlled, and connected.  We saw LUA commands flowing through the screen.

6 minutes ago, CEO said:

How would I go about troubleshooting that?

Your dealer should know how to check virtual connections vs actual connections. If he's manually controlling the device from within composer - you have control so it may just be that for some reason the system doesn't know to use that matrix (did you have one before - might still be in the system and the way the system thinks it needs to route video).

If he can't control from C4 but is doing it from the switch itself - it may be that he has the wrong driver.

There is also a second issue to troubleshoot... 

In the Living room, there is a Anthem receiver that controls the 5.1 audio for the room and also a samsung tv.  No matter what we tried, we can't get video to display in this room (through the matrix and hdbaset), even during the calibration or when we manually configure the matrix.  

My old C4 matrix (8x8) had two HDMI direct outputs, and I used one for the Living room.  So I can use that HDMI and plug it directly to the HC800 or another input like a Sat receiver and get video in the living room... 

Stumped..

I hate to say it, but it is possible you got yourself a lemon....and maybe it's time for some vodka.

Definitely time for vodka. Seller (from those forums) said it came out of a working system that was upgrading to a 10x10 and 4K.

Has your dealer called c4 support to make sure the driver and firmware are correct and tried troubleshooting with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did call support.. however their first response was that they couldn’t find the matrix in their product line up... which leads me to believe they were fairly new / green.

My hope by posting here is that someone with experience with this specific matrix will come to the table with some troubleshooting tips.

The fact that I can lock displays (except the living room) on to specific sources leads me to believe the condition or state can be improved.

2 hours ago, CEO said:

He did call support.. however their first response was that they couldn’t find the matrix in their product line up... which leads me to believe they were fairly new / green.

My hope by posting here is that someone with experience with this specific matrix will come to the table with some troubleshooting tips.

The fact that I can lock displays (except the living room) on to specific sources leads me to believe the condition or state can be improved.

Well, in their defense, this matrix switch came out 6 years ago in 2011, and 4 years before C4 acquired them in 2015... so I can see how they might not have that information handy.

Archived