C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Dimmers versus Lutron

I read the quote, once you have seen enough of these you get a "flavor" of the design approach adopted by the author. While it is a plausible quote, other approaches from a reputable dealer will be equally valid and could easily be cheaper due to different design. I would encourage you to get another quotation or two and perhaps, most importantly, find a dealer who is "compatible" with your needs. 

1 hour ago, AK1 said:

would encourage you to get another quotation or two

ALWAYS!.

Note that despite my answer to the other fellow (which was triggered by the wild speculation in some of his comparisons) I do see any number of things in the quote that are so-so at best. I'd have to agree with AK1 that it's got a distinct 'flavour' - one often seen with AVU group companies (not all of them, you know who you are ;)). You will be able to find better for less I expect.

The quote is very .... conforming? It follows all the steps in what C4 tends to recommend - blindly.

38 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

The quote is very .... conforming? It follows all the steps in what C4 tends to recommend - blindly.

I didn't read the quote, and I don't know the integrator, but based on comments in this thread including this one above - the quote smells like a new dealer to Control4. I would encourage competitive quotes, though it may be apples to potatoes. Ask for references and then call them. See prior work. Ask about post-install service. It's an ongoing relationship.

1 hour ago, Portmoody911 said:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advise.  My feeling is that the quote lacks in truly understanding my needs and wishes.  Not sure the dealer is giving me the correct advise or plan.  

I will endeavour to get more quotes!

Speak to the local dealers who have responded on this thread.  They are very active on these forums and know what they are doing.

Archived