C4 Forums | Control4

Easy Alexa ?

wyrob2

Hello

I do not have ComposerHE or any fancy Alexa drivers - so therefore a more basic setup than some of the other users in this forum. But I feel constrained!  

I have Alexa working (though for c4 only really works for lights scenes, and a few old dealer programmed c4 routines), and have used WhenThen (ok but too limited to be really useful - cannot change volume level on amps or choose streaming playlists for example).  Also the routines I set up in when then don’t link through to Alexa (presumably only those scenes set up by dealer in the c4 system make it through).  

Anyway - I have read lots of posts and can see that to get what I want to do may need complex programming. But just in case.....

- Alexa routines look great. But how do I get Alexa to ‘see’more of my C4 system to programme’.  Now I can see (a) all lights, (b) light scenes (c) room volume and (d) the very few old scenes my dealer did in install (eg switch on Netflix in cinema). I cannot add or change this list.   Is there any way at all to add devices or to programme new ‘groups’ so that for example I could - set volume in three zones to 50, change lights AND play a specific artist on Spotify THROUGH my C4 system not Echo? Or Turn TV to a certain channel?

- does all this need me to be in the programming of C4. Ok if needed but what is the easiest way?  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Get one of the guys on the site to get you HE subscription it is well worth it  

he is not a subscription - it's a one time purchase.  4sight is a subscription.

Now what makes it confusing is that HE comes with 1 year of 4sight

Archived