C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify doesn't stream when cast to a zone under 2.10

ricke

Question

Hi, after upgrading to 2.10, I installed the Spotify Connect driver into several zones and setup the driver.  I can see it on the same wifi network on my devices and when I cast currently playing music in the Spotify app to a zone, I don't hear anything and when I dbl-click on that driver instance in that zone I don't show anything playing.

I have even played Spotify on the same Windows 10 PC I use to connect to my system with Composer 2.10 over the same Wi-Fi network and don't hear anything.

Are there any extra configuration steps needed to enable streaming to reach music zones other than adding the Spotify Connect driver to a room in System Design?

Thanks,

Rick

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ricke said:

Hi, after upgrading to 2.10, I installed the Spotify Connect driver into several zones and setup the driver.  I can see it on the same wifi network on my devices and when I cast currently playing music in the Spotify app to a zone, I don't hear anything and when I dbl-click on that driver instance in that zone I don't show anything playing.

I have even played Spotify on the same Windows 10 PC I use to connect to my system with Composer 2.10 over the same Wi-Fi network and don't hear anything.

Are there any extra configuration steps needed to enable streaming to reach music zones other than adding the Spotify Connect driver to a room in System Design?

Thanks,

Rick

what controller is your primary controller?

Did you configure the zone auto on settings?

Here is the additional info you wanted:

Controller:  HC800

Spotify Connect driver configuration (example Kitchen room music zone):

Driver Version: 50
Debug Mode: Off
Auto Room(s) Select:  Kitchen (18)
Override Room(s) Select : <<empty>>
Auto Play:  On
Power Off Room:  After 5 Seconds
Allow Spotify App Volume Control: On
Default Volume For Preset: 40

Was that everything you needed?

Thanks for the help!

Rick

Here is the additional info you wanted:
Controller:  HC800
Spotify Connect driver configuration (example Kitchen room music zone):
Driver Version: 50
Debug Mode: Off
Auto Room(s) Select:  Kitchen (18)
Override Room(s) Select : >
Auto Play:  On
Power Off Room:  After 5 Seconds
Allow Spotify App Volume Control: On
Default Volume For Preset: 40
Was that everything you needed?
Thanks for the help!
  Rick
Yeah. That's what I was after. Not sure

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I noticed that SiriusXM also doesn't show up yet all of these media options show under Digital Media from the Connections tab (TuneIn, SpotifyConnect, SiriusXM...) yet they don't show up as available audio sources while any physical audio device shows up properly on all rooms under Audio Video Devices/Available Audio Sources.

How are digital media sources configured to be advertised on the Available Audio Sources list?

Thanks.

Archived