C4 Forums | Control4

Motion Detectors Used to Save Energy- How flawless does it work?

Hey guys I have a couple topics that I would like some feedback from others that have experience with them. First I have my new Honeywell Vista 20p with ICM Module security system being hooked up tomorrow and also have multiple motion detectors being installed. I am setting this up to detect motion and activate lights in all rooms without having to use the dimmers and keypads. My question is can this be done properly without bogging down the controller and creating delays etc.

Second does anyone have a reliable site to go to for audio wav comments and sounds to use with the announcement agent in Composer. I am looking for some funny wav files to add into my programming when garage door opens, dinner is ready, doorbell rings and when doors open. I was looking for voices like Adam Sandler, Homer Simpson, Cartman etc. if possible but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Or do you know of a good software program that takes any text that you write and convert it into a wav file. Because it does not appear that you can do this with Composer correct? I have found multiple sites with wav files but none of them say exactly what you really want them to and it would be nice to just type exactly what you want and have something like the woman's voice on your car GPS on a wav file.

Any feedback or links that can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

I have a Vista 128bp system and use the motion sensor for lighting control with no problems. I have a program that turns on path lighting in the middle of the night if the motion sensor is tripped. It is great to have the lights at 15% when you need to get to the other end of the house at night.

Hey guys I have a couple topics that I would like some feedback from others that have experience with them. First I have my new Honeywell Vista 20p with ICM Module security system being hooked up tomorrow and also have multiple motion detectors being installed. I am setting this up to detect motion and activate lights in all rooms without having to use the dimmers and keypads. My question is can this be done properly without bogging down the controller and creating delays etc.

Second does anyone have a reliable site to go to for audio wav comments and sounds to use with the announcement agent in Composer. I am looking for some funny wav files to add into my programming when garage door opens, dinner is ready, doorbell rings and when doors open. I was looking for voices like Adam Sandler, Homer Simpson, Cartman etc. if possible but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Or do you know of a good software program that takes any text that you write and convert it into a wav file. Because it does not appear that you can do this with Composer correct? I have found multiple sites with wav files but none of them say exactly what you really want them to and it would be nice to just type exactly what you want and have something like the woman's voice on your car GPS on a wav file.

Any feedback or links that can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

I like using the card access devices to program against for green settings. The light meter in them allows you to set lights all over the house to be shutdown, when the sun comes out. I also use their external temperature sensor to shut on/off the cooling.

Thanks guys for your feedback. In regards to the alarm I do use Card access for the entire garage door automation but I used Ademco for the motion sensors, door and window contacts. I have been reading some posts on here regarding the Vista 20P w/ ICM Module only supporting 16 zones and I am concerned because I need all of the zones monitored.

I thought everything was working perfect but then as I was adding text to speech announcements into my C4 to play when different door or window contact switches are broken I noticed that the wireless window contacts are not working with the announcements. I don't know if it is just a coincidence but the windows that I am trying to get to work are all above zone 16 so I am not sure if I have something programmed incorrect or if I need to upgrade the firmware as I was reading in other posts. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also Hike before I received your response I found a text to speech software that I started using. But then I saw the one you sent from AT&T which is obviously a much more reputable site to use. Thanks for sending it. I did however use it for a few examples of announcements that I have through the first software and the non-AT&T one sounds better with pronunciation. Maybe it's my name of Dolan that the AT&T one has a hard time with but it comes out weird. Anyway I attached the link on here of the one Im using and a wav file example if anyone wants to hear it but it is the most true speech that I have heard and reminds me of the navigation lady in my car.

I wanted to share this one because if there's anyone else like me it took days to find one that wasn't a scam or spyware sight that was just looking to screw up your hard drive. Just a little tip if you don't already know this the work around to not buying the software is to just type in the text let it play in Windows Media Player and go to file, save Media as, and save it on your desktop and then go into Composer and add it into announcements. Let me know if you guys have any advice on either of these topics.

The link is...

https://www.cepstral.com/demos/

I find my kids (and sometimes others) do not pull the backdoor closed and it eventually ends up open to the garage. Thus, a big energy sink.

I just used the ATT site to create an announcement that the back door is open. I use the alarm contact from the backdoor to trigger the announcement when the door is left open for more than 45 seconds. It then retriggers every 20 seconds until the door is closed.

My wife rolled her eyes when I demo'd it, but I know she liked it. :)

Hey Doug with your Vista 20p do you have a problem with not being able to control zones 16 and above? I have read that other members have had this problem and had to download a firmware update. If so do you know where to find that update and also I was reading that the update crashed a couple guys systems somehow. Is there any truth to that?

Hey Doug with your Vista 20p do you have a problem with not being able to control zones 16 and above? I have read that other members have had this problem and had to download a firmware update. If so do you know where to find that update and also I was reading that the update crashed a couple guys systems somehow. Is there any truth to that?

I have a 128bp panel and less than 16 zones, so I am not much help with this one. Sorry.

No, there was also a defect in the driver *as well as* a defect in their firmware... We thought it was working with their updated firmware, and it wasn't.

It has been fixed in 1.7.1 with their latest firmware, from what I've heard.

RyanE

Archived