C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - Spider Vue (Hikvision) Camera driver - Beta

Rexabyte

I'm looking for a few people that are interested in beta testing a Hikvision camera driver. I'd like to get a few people testing it so we can confirm it works on various models and firmware.

I've added support for both the HTTP server and alert stream for monitoring events. I've noticed that some cameras will have one, both, or neither available so I've included both in the driver. Sometimes the associated NVR will have support for monitoring events on behalf of the camera, but the camera itself will not, the driver will support this as well.

The driver behaves similarly to how the Control4 one does with the Contact Sensor bindings for each event trigger. I've simplified it a bit more and added some optimizations so that the http server will ignore and not even subscribe to events unless you want it to. I've also included programming events directly for the more common camera events.

The MJPEG, H.264 and Snapshot URL's all work and can be used through a NVR or connected directly. The driver will also automatically configure the camera sub stream for you to make sure it matches up with what Control4 expects (no green bands)

If interested please send me a PM or comment here with your camera model.

I would be interested, the firmware we have in the UK is a bit different and I haven't been able to get motion notifications working from any of the cameras I've tested. Not that I've really spent massive amounts of time to figure out what was wrong!

I also have some cameras from Safire and LTS which use variations on the Hik firmware.

3 minutes ago, NextGenAV said:

I would be interested, the firmware we have in the UK is a bit different and I haven't been able to get motion notifications working from any of the cameras I've tested. Not that I've really spent massive amounts of time to figure out what was wrong!

I also have some cameras from Safire and LTS which use variations on the Hik firmware.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Archived