C4 Forums | Control4

Onscreen display slow on both ea5 and ea1

Help!

Short story is that we consolidated 2 racks into one and got rid of some unused equipment while upgrading networking gear to Pakedge.

After all finished, the osd distributed from the ea5 into Videostorm encoder was not working properly. The osd was really slow and there would be a 2 sec delay from a button press for the cursor to move.  Picture would also flicker like it was losing handshake.  We moved the osd to an ea1 and problem was solved for a week.  Just had the system updated to 2.10.1 and now the osd from the ea1 is doing the same thing.  Tried different inputs on the encoders, but didn't fix it.  

Hopefully some of the brilliant dealers on this forum may have an answer because mine doesn't.

Hello, with the control issue, it might be an idea to turn off the zigbee mesh reboot controller and then turn it back on again. In the past I’ve had to remove slave controllers also and reset them for the issues to go away, also try changing the zigbee channel to something else see if that helps also as it seems there may be some interference.

Just to clarify make sure your controller isn’t going offline due to a network issue, check there are no loop backs or overlapping of fixed ip addresses, give all your equipment a reboot as this does tend to solve a lot of issues and make sure you’re on the latest firmware / software for everything

I tend you have a dhcp range of 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.99 and have my static ip form 192.168.1.254 downwards. My gateway is set at 192.168.1.254 and for dns I use the router as dns 1 and as dns 2 I use Google’s I’m dns which is 8.8.4.4

On your video storm ecooder if you can fix the edid to 1920x1080 at 25fps 2.0 Audio that should fix the handshake issue, also pin 13 on the hdmi cable which is responsible for cec also causes some handshake issues. On your encoder if you can disable cec give that a go or Lindy do a cec less adapter which does this for you by taking out pin 13.

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived