C4 Forums | Control4

Choosing appropriate Dealer for my install

hehateme

In the past three weeks I have have received three quotes from three dealerships.

Dealer 1: 1 guy only but has been doing Control4 installs for a while. I have seen houses where he has installed Control4

Dealer 2: 3 guy and they are also an experienced Control4 dealer

Dealer 3: 10 guys and they are the largest dealer in town

Dealer 3 is the largest. He is also the most expensive. The quote he gave me quoted higher than MSRP for most of the equipment. He also wants to pay $400 for the ITouch software and install. This dealer also asked for $600 to mount a TV on the wall and connect it to my equipment in the closet. Wiring is already in place and I am supplying the TV mount.

Perhaps he is quoting me more than MSRP because he will later offer a discount. His labor charges are $35 trip charge, $95 for first 30 minutes and $95 for each hour of work after that.

Dealer 1 and 2: They will charge $300 for the ITouch since they are already doing the work at my home to install the system.

All their proposals are very similar. I like Dealer 1 because of the way he has responded to my questions. He is also closest to my home and has been most reasonable in installing my TV.

I am leaning towards this dealer.

What am I risking by choosing a 1 person dealer over the largest dealer in town. I used to be self employed for the last 10 years so I don't want to discriminate another small business owner like me. Let me know if there are things I should consider before choosing the smallest dealer.

No problems with going with a 1 man show. This dealer is more like myself. I have a couple people working under me when need be, but my company also does mostly commercial tel/data installs, where most of our employees work in.

I consider myself as good if not better than any other large dealer in town. Customer service is really what counts.

I would look at their past installations, if it looks good, and functions, it's worth it, trust me. A solid C4 installation is a beautiful thing! Go for quality...The owner of the company I work for does such good work that I would pay HIM to do my house, a good job is worth it.

Archived