C4 Forums | Control4

Can't get Snapshot driver to properly work

N8Ball

Ok, I think I have it understood that the entire list of what you want a Snapshot of is included even if you aren't necessarily needing that.  I thought you could just specify what select items you wanted Snapshot each time you have something in programming.  I see that a driver in each room would be needed for that much individual detail.

2 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Ok, I think I have it understood that the entire list of what you want a Snapshot of is included even if you aren't necessarily needing that.  I thought you could just specify what select items you wanted Snapshot each time you have something in programming.  I see that a driver in each room would be needed for that much individual detail.

Well, not each room as such. In one specific system I actually created a virtual room just to hold the snapshot drivers. You need a driver for each 'scene' you want to capture.

Of course, you could make and recall multiple snapshots (drivers) as needed as well, to prevent unneeded extra drivers.

IE in some cases you want to 'snapshot' the lights in the hall way, in others the lights on the front of the house. In another scenario you'd want BOTH those locations - in that case you can take both snapshots and recall both instead of creating a third one.

38 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Well, not each room as such. In one specific system I actually created a virtual room just to hold the snapshot drivers. You need a driver for each 'scene' you want to capture.

Of course, you could make and recall multiple snapshots (drivers) as needed as well, to prevent unneeded extra drivers.

IE in some cases you want to 'snapshot' the lights in the hall way, in others the lights on the front of the house. In another scenario you'd want BOTH those locations - in that case you can take both snapshots and recall both instead of creating a third one.

Yes, scenes definitely is a better wording and makes more sense of this

Archived