C4 Forums | Control4

Why can't I firmware upgrade?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

What does "getting out of capitalism"  have to do with that question?

Looks like I stumped the bot.

Fairness or principles have nothing to do with the market. You don't want to product, don't buy the product.

I take it you don't own the stock and you are not a dealer. You have no skin in the game. You have a bad case of the sposdas. 

24 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Hopefully you are doing all of this from a windows 95, 98, 2000 or xp desktop

Again. What does this have to do with it?

Please read what I have said in previous posts....

We are talking about the inhibition to the upgrade of an entire house HA platform forced by the redundancy of one small controller...

Legal, technical or practical issues aside... is this a sensible approach taken by the company concerned?

2 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Looks like I stumped the bot.

Fairness or principles have nothing to do with the market. You don't want to product, don't buy the product.

I take it you don't own the stock and you are not a dealer. You have no skin in the game. You have a bad case of the sposdas. 

Would you care to answer my questions?

Thank You 

27 minutes ago, Pounce said:

You can afford the change. Why do you resist the change, old fashioned ideas that products like a washing machine should last your lifetime?

You mean this above? or this

"Yes.

You should consider getting out of capitalism". 

How does it answer my specific questions?

8 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

What don't you understand about the specifics of this issue...?

Who's on first?

I'm serious. I believe I answered your question. If you don't think so you should repeat your question so I know what you did not understand. Or you are a bot.

Ok it is summarised here..

We are talking about the inhibition to the upgrade of an entire house HA platform forced by the redundancy of one small controller...

1/ Legal, 2/ technical or 3/ practical reasons aside... 4/ is this a sensible approach taken by the company concerned?

Given you can't seem to answer 1, 2 or 3... try 4....

Just now, wappinghigh said:

Ok it is summarised here..

We are talking about the inhibition to the upgrade of an entire house HA platform forced by the redundancy of one small controller...

1/ Legal, 2/ technical or 3/ practical issues aside... 4/ is this a sensible approach taken by the company concerned?

Given you can't seem to answer 1, 2 or 3... try 4....

Again, Yes.

Have you ever thought of the principal that a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link. That’s the case here.

What kind of sick sadist are you, where you enjoy coming on here and bitching at people just for fun. You know damn good and well that nobody here can give you any facts further than what I already did, and even if they did you’d challenge their authority. Call Control4 and ask them. Better yet...if I buy all your equipment from you (or replace it with something else) will you stop your endless rants on here?

Actually...is there a way that I can make someone on this forum invisible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ILoveC4 said:

Have you ever thought of the principal that a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link. That’s the case here.

What kind of sick sadist are you, where you enjoy coming on here and bitching at people just for fun. You know damn good and well that nobody here can give you any facts further than what I already did, and even if they did you’d challenge their authority. Call Control4 and ask them. Better yet...if I buy all your equipment from you (or replace it with something else) will you stop your endless rants on here?

Actually...is there a way that I can make someone on this forum invisible?

Huh>?

This is actually prompting me to not spend anymore on the platform and you get personal?

Why?

Huh>?
This is actually prompting me to not spend anymore on the platform and you get personal?
Why?

Because you’re annoying the shit out of me and everyone else here for nothing. I used to be really active and enjoy coming here until about two years ago when you started this shit.

Time to see how well this ignore feature works. I’ve never got to this point before, despite all the trolls I’ve encountered. Adios, muchacho.

2 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Why is everyone getting personal?

Why can't it be seen these are legitimate questions and legitimate concerns?

Honest question. Can you point me to another forum on the internet where you also post?

12 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Because you’re annoying the shit out of me and everyone else here for nothing. I used to be really active and enjoy coming here until about two years ago when you started this shit.

Time to see how well this ignore feature works. I’ve never got to this point before, despite all the trolls I’ve encountered. Adios, muchacho.

Huh?

For nothing?

So it's acceptable to just do this is it?

To just have an end customer of a product sit there for months looking forward to all the new features of an upgrade and when they go to well "upgrade" nobody tells them one HC200 is going to stop the entire upgrade..

Nobody..

Not on this forum..or by any other means..

Not why?

Not how?

Not what they have to do...(to plan for it in advance)...

No emails no explanation.. nothing..

Let alone... (goodness forbid) a product discount...

To just "accept it.. "..

1 minute ago, wappinghigh said:

No.

Kindly please answer my question (with a logical explanation) 

thank you

I did answer in a logical way. You may want to read up thread.

So you are unwilling to answer if you post in other forums?

Archived