C4 Forums | Control4

Automated blinds

24 minutes ago, pfissure said:

Hi Cy one more question. Is this driver one that will require customization in composer pro by my dealer or is it one that I could ask my dealer to install remotely and then take over from there with he?

As always thank you so much for your contributions on this forum

Dealer would have to add sub driver and connect them from there you have all the normal control you would have with HE ,details should be under the downloads tab on that side, it's not hidden - I think you would have decent HE control over most settings though.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:21 AM, lippavisual said:

heres one I found.  I swear they had music on to cover the shade noise.  You can still here then though.

just google Bali motorized shades review.

i did find some with quieter motors but I’m guessing you’re paying for the better motor and not on the “cheap” that some are looking for. 

We have some Bali shades and are pretty happy with them for the price. They definitely aren't the quietest motors (though I don't have a lot to go by in comparison), but the blinds do look and function well.  Considering we open/close ours maybe once or twice a day, the sound isn't really a big deal. If they were in an area where we were opening and closing a lot, it would probably make a bigger difference. 

I will definitely admit that blinds are not something I get real excited about in my home automation pursuits. As long as they integrate easily, look nice for the wife and don't cost a fortune, I don't complain too much! I'd rather spend that money on something else. As with most things, it all comes down to your priorities. 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:26 PM, Pounce said:

Don't think of Vera as a "second" home automation system. Think of it as an adapter to allow C4 to talk to things like blinds or other things that C4 can't talk to today. I'm not trying to sell you on using Vera. I can see that you are thinking of Vera on the same scale as C4 rather than a useful enhancement to C4.

Have you priced blinds yet?

Couldn't agree with this more. I made the folly of getting a Wink when I started and should've gotten a Vera, but the concept is still the same. I integrate via the IFTTT driver and almost never use the Wink app for anything outside of setup. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Cyknight said:

https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/blinds-shades/hunterdouglas-powerview/

I'm assuming the dealer used the old driver either from the DB or the later one made by houselogix. No comparison

OK I have had my dealer install this Cintegration Driver for Hunter Douglass Powerview.  It is definitely an improvement.  However I am not seeing communication back from the Hub to Director/Navigators.  In particular

1.  The battery status, which is a field in the driver Properties within Composer HE, does not seem to be updated from the Hub.  It just says OK, whereas it would appear from the documents that there should be a percentage.

2. The shade position does not get updated in Navigator or Composer.  For example, if I use the HD Hub iOS app to adjust the blinds, the C4 navigators don't get the memo that the blinds are in a new position.  Worse, if I go to a shade in Composer HE and select the Driver Action "Refresh Shade Position and Update Battery Level", the shade position does not get updated.  (I see the shade "jog" so I know that the Hub is querying the shade but the data is not coming back to Director.)

I get the impression that something needs to be done to get two-way communication with the hub (right now it seems it is only one-way, i.e. C4 -> Hub) and my dealer didnt do that.  Am I correct or is this really just a one-way driver? 

Archived