C4 Forums | Control4

I am new to C4.... Limitation

bjacadian

It really comes down to what you want from the system and how its designed

I have done Control4 in 15k sq ft homes and wouldn't be scared to do it in a larger home.

there are positives and negatives to everything

the only true negative people constantly complain about is that you can not edit the GUI interface. But the whole point of control4 is every day easy and having a super custom interface takes that away.

the positives are control4 makes very affordable products that are rock solid and work great.

I have seen Control4 utilized in a friends 36,000 square foot home and it works flawlessly.

I think at this level hiring the right dealer to make the design and install is more critical than ever. I could be wrong but I would imagine projects that large require a whole additional level of knowledge and expertise. A house that big could easily out stretch the broadcast of a wireless device.

I have seen Control4 utilized in a friends 36,000 square foot home and it works flawlessly.

I think at this level hiring the right dealer to make the design and install is more critical than ever. I could be wrong but I would imagine projects that large require a whole additional level of knowledge and expertise. A house that big could easily out stretch the broadcast of a wireless device.

that is 100% correct.

it isnt just about slapping in a box of boxes here. the system design and programming is KEY on any large system weather its Control4, Crestron, AMX or who ever... if its designed poorly it will work poorly

Honestly, that's the thing, it's all in how it's setup. We've seen AMX and Crestron ripped out and replaced with Control4, and I'm sure vice versa has happened. That doesn't mean that AMX and Crestron are infererior, they were just setup and programmed like dookie in these homes. It's always going to be as good as the hands putting it in. I would def' recommend a portfolio of the dealers work, it's your hard earned $, you definately want good work done! And yes, some dealers have done some really sweet, really big installs that work great...because the work they do is top notch.

Archived