C4 Forums | Control4

Mosfet Failure on Adaptive Phase Dimmer

ejn1

HI all,  anyone see this occur ?   I have a blinking red light on one of my dimmer's and it states Mosfet Failure in status.   The light does not turn on and off at the switch as well (staying on).   Any thoughts?  Thx in advance

4 hours ago, knowitall said:

Dear control4, 

I didn’t read or follow you instructions about your product. Please send me a new one for free. Also cut costs

MOSFET is not dead. Change bulbs and 13-4-13 it

lol...   I was just reporting back the error it was throwing off... 

I'm pretty sure that snide remark was directed at me...I too have Installed thousands of control4 devices and have not had to RMA but probably 10-20...but it does indeed happen... And no the electricians don't always read the instructions... But given how expensive these devices are, I'm pretty sure the failure/return rate is baked into the cost and so I dont feel bad if I have to send one back every once in a blue moon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Cyknight said:

? I'm not seeing how that was directed at you - but it was a little harsh - though not unfair.

That said I'd 15-tap first before 13-4-13, or pust in the top bar on the right side to cut power, either way resets the device to clear it, then see if it fails again.

No worries, i'm thick skinned :) as there is always someone who Knowsitall....  The comment about the wrong load was premature and just ignorant to state so definitively.   My post was just asking if anyone has seen this error before as this was a first for me and I was certainly not fishing for an RMA support.   I had already tried the 13-4-13 and it hadn't worked (or responded to the reset command) but I should've mentioned that at the start.   Ironically, it came back to life on its own so a bit strange all in all.  

1 hour ago, ejn1 said:

Ironically, it came back to life on its own so a bit strange all in all.  

Anything that would cut power to it, even a brief hickup, would cause a similar reboot as well - it SHOULDN'T come back 'just by itself' as a mosfet failure (which is not the same as a mosfet beyond repair) is supposed to require attention.

That said, if it's all working - no harm no foul regardless 😄

3 hours ago, knowitall said:

Sorry, jumping to “it’s toast” is not a solution. 

Either way, glad working now, no offense to anyone here. 

But throwing parts at a problem doesn’t work. Gear grinder. 

No worries

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.