C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord 4 Question

Probably that's just what your installer was more familiar with, I'd guess.

The ICM is pretty new (a year or two max), and not all security installers are familiar with it, not to mention not all Control4 dealers.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I found this thread.

I've had Control4 for a few years now ... and I LOVE it. But I had never integrated my security system. I had thought I'd need to switch to a GE Concord 4, and really wasn't sure which system the builder had installed when the house was built ... and it never really worked anyway.

Well, I decided to get it working and realized that it was a DSC PowerSeries system. I got the security system up and running and ran across this thread that mentioned the IT-100 module can be used to give Control4 virtual keypad functionality. So, I'm checking with my Control4 installer to see if they've integrated with the DSC systems before.

RyanE - would you say the DSC w/ IT-100 module integrates smoothly? If my dealer hasn't dealt with that particular setup much, is there somewhere where I can refer them for information / drivers?

Thanks!

IT100 is a 5 min. job. I did it myself and saved! Just kidding. One serial cable and a a few wires and it's done. Make sure you bull-whip your dealer into bringing all your points into the pj.

Great ... it sounds like they should have no problem. I'd love to be able to add stuff myself ... for nothing but satisfying my engineering curiosity. I have a lot of fun playing around with Home Edition, but it is sometimes frustrating to not be able to add things.

But my dealer has been great too. I'm having them come out anyway to finish up a camera install, add a Home Theatre PC, and a few other items ... so I'll just add this to it.

I heard something about Black and Decker zigbee door locks ... hmmm ... always something new to add!!!

Should be pretty simple.

The only physical connection is the serial port from the IT-100 to a Control4 controller.

Your dealer also will need to make software connections (bindings) from the zone bindings in the security panel driver to security devices on the Control4 side.

i.e. If you have Zone 1 is your front door, your dealer should add a 'Door Sensor' object in Composer, and connect it to Zone 1 on the DSC security panel driver.

RyanE

Thanks! That will pretty much complete my home automation. 9 audio zones, 4 video zones, garage doors, lights, thermostat, movies, and security ... I don't think you can beat Control4. I'm sure that I'll spend a little free time recording some added siren or something to play with the security alarm ... just because I can!!!

Quick question about GE Concord 4 integration... if I am home and have the alarm disarmed, can the C4 system still be set to monitor the state of various sensors? For example, during the day we are home and usually have the alarm disarmed because its annoying to have to turn it off to let the dogs out etc, but if someone was to open a window or break a window in the basement I would still want to know. Can I have my C4 system just tell me that 'Basement Window 3 was opened' etc even if the alarm is currently in the disarmed state?

OK ... I got my DSC IT-100 module and it is up and running ... everything looks OK on the DSC panel end. I also added another keypad that I had pre-wired for a long time ago. So the security system is up and running.

My C4 dealer is coming tomorrow to complete a few things on my project and will be integrating the DSC system. They have not worked with this system before (normally recommend the GE Concord 4 or ELK) but they feel confident in the virtual keypad functionality. There only caveat was what sensors or other functionality it can bring over to C4.

From Ryan's comments it sounds like it should be pretty straightforward with the driver. We'll see what they come up with.

Archived