C4 Forums | Control4

BobbyQ

Hi Everyone.

I've searched the net and this forum, but could not find the answer to the below question.

1) Can I use the C4 GUI on my HP touch screen PC without having to purchase a HC200 ? I figured it would take care of multiple task> TV, PC, C4 touchsceen in the kitchen>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. just starting out so I will be viewing this site often.

BQ

If you search the forums and utilizes the slingbox hacks. You could get the functionality your looking for. Make no mistake it is not supported though.

bjeff, can you elaborate? I cannot find and "slingbox hacks". Supported or not, this would be bitchin.

If you search the forums and utilizes the slingbox hacks. You could get the functionality your looking for. Make no mistake it is not supported though.

bjeff' date=' can you elaborate? I cannot find and "slingbox hacks". Supported or not, this would be bitchin.[/quote']

Do I have to search everything for you? :lol:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=1317

There is the WebNavigator, is there not? And the iPhone app.

When I refer to 'Navigator', I'm only referring specifically to the graphical Navigator application that runs the Control4 touchpanels.

There is also:

* List Navigator, which is what you see on system remotes and 10-button LCD Keypads (and soon on select Panasonic phone systems)

* WebNavigator (another name for 4Sight)

* ControlUI's application for iPhone / iTouch.

None of those are Control4's Navigator GUI, although they fulfill some of the same functionality.

RyanE

There is no WebNavigator...are you referring to 4Sight? That is a far cry from what he is talking about.

The iPhone/iPod Touch is really slick though.

When you log in to my.control4.com there are two tabs on the left side of the screen "Account Administration" and "Web Navigator".

When you click on this your web page URL changes to https://navigator.control4.com/Dashboard.aspx

Isn't that a Web Navigator?

Actually....the gears are turning in my head now. I get it.

Ok... for those of us that have slower gears, can someone explain further? I understand how to get the video to the PC, that's an S-Video cable and 2 connections, but how would one control? Is there IR functionality somewhere in Control4 that I'm not aware of?

END USER DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am an end user. Yes, I would like to educate myself further about everything possible with Control4. Yes, I have a dealer. Yes, my dealer was fantastic during my install. Yes, I could call my dealer, but he doesn't get paid for merely answering my questions.

Schrader,

Given all the qualifiers that you have listed, there is a C4 driver that can work with slingbox. It is a Kludge system and not ready for prime time,

but if you send your tv info across the web (ie sling box) there is a remote that shows up on the side of the screen. the buttons have to be mapped, (and some of them you must memorize because they will not match).

This was a HARD CORE proof of concept. if you really need to turn on your tv while at work it will allow you to do this.

Reliablity is another matter

Archived