C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody - very cool!

A little behind the curve, but I just started playing with Rhapsody and it is extremely cool. I have not had any problems with the system, except my eye sight makes me want to buy some bigger TVs. I assume when the 7" Battery operated touchscreen (no idea what the real name is) comes out you will be able to do everything on it like you do on a TV - search artist, song, etc.? Does anyone know this for a fact?

Yes - they offer a 14 day trial - if you love music (I am stuck on 80's hairbands) you will be blown away with how many songs they have. My issue is I can't spell worth a crap so some of my searches can take a while :D

Sppelingk? Just start typing and the possibilites pop-up like magic...

BTW- hooked on 80s myself! Have you checked-out the Poison concert on HDNet?

Yes - they offer a 14 day trial - if you love music (I am stuck on 80's hairbands) you will be blown away with how many songs they have. My issue is I can't spell worth a crap so some of my searches can take a while :D

Sppelingk? Just start typing and the possibilites pop-up like magic...

BTW- hooked on 80s myself! Have you checked-out the Poison concert on HDNet?

I have not checked it out, but I will thanks. I am a tad bit worried about spending (a guess $1,500) on the 7" remote and having it in a plastic glad bag to protect it when we are all in the hot tub, but hell, life's a gamble.

I have not checked it out, but I will thanks. I am a tad bit worried about spending (a guess $1,500) on the 7" remote and having it in a plastic glad bag to protect it when we are all in the hot tub, but hell, life's a gamble.

Go for an iTouch for the hot tub.

Can you pull up the full Rhapsody interphase on the itouch?

I don't know that the iTouch would work when the ambient temperature was the same as your fingertips.

I could be wrong but I think the extreme heat would make in ineffective.

Panama, to answer your question - yes. There is an application called ControlUI that turns your iPhone/iPod Touch into a touch panel. It retails for $299. The problem for your instance thought is at this time the only feature not supported is Rhapsody. To my knowledge everything else works 100%. I personally don't have it......yet. I don't think I can hold out much longer.

The 7" is a different style of touch screen, it is not glass and heat sensing like the iPhone/iPod touch. That is why you can use a stylus with the C4 touch panels, but not with an iPod Touch/iPhone. They require the heat/energy of your finger.

That was one reason (among many) I got rid of my iPhone - you couldn't use it with gloves on.

I have not checked it out' date=' but I will thanks. I am a tad bit worried about spending (a guess $1,500) on the 7" remote and having it in a plastic glad bag to protect it when we are all in the hot tub, but hell, life's a gamble.[/quote']

Can you pull up the full Rhapsody interphase on the itouch?

The version in beta coming out soon has full Rhapsody support. Probably will be version 1.5 or something when it's released. There is a screenshot that has been posted here from someone who is beta testing it.

wouldn't you have the same problem with a 7" touch screen?

I will use my itouch in the hot tub tonight to see if it works - the touch screen that is.

I know my friend uses his iphone in the hot tub (he is the king of txt messages) in a plastic bag - I can only assume the touch screen is the same between the itouch and iphone?

It works very well. You can download the app on your ipod and then put it in demo mode before you buy the license.

Just search the app store for Control4.

Just remember, demo model does not let you control your system as a demo. It is a canned preprogrammed model that justdis plays the features and capabilities of the app.

iPhone/iPod Touch My House version 2.0 with Rhapsody now approved by Apple

Just to let you know you can now download version 2.0 from the app store with Rhapsody control and some other updates. Have fun with it everyone and please add a review on the app store.

If you have any questions just let us know at www.controlui.com.

enjoy

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293668646&mt=8

Archived