C4 Forums | Control4

Changing CDs?

If your hardware supports it, then the IR driver should have a command to go to previous and next CD.

If that's the case, your dealer (or you, if you have ComposerHE) should be able to add that ability to unused buttons on your remote (like the colored buttons, or to * and #).

It's not a standard button on the remote, so without some programming, it won't work. If your device doesn't support that on the IR remote, no amount of programming in Control4 can make it work.

RyanE

People still use CD changers?

:cool:

I know, I know. My dealer still gives me crap about this. We have lots of CDs and no time to get them into digital format.

Ryan, as far as the IR functionality, all of the other functions work fine with IR and the disc change feature was on the original remote so they should be able to get that programmed. Thanks!

So here's the next question. THe remotes have the "next disc" option. Cant the * or # be told to perform that function whenever the any of the remotes are listening to Theater CD Changer or will each remote SR-250 have to be programmed to do that?

It is room level, I just built a test project in my virtual director. So, when on the room, When command "#" is received, (send the code for the next disc). The 777ES serial driver doesnt seem to have a "next disc" button by default. It has a go to disc () though.

Archived