C4 Forums | Control4

OT - LG 75UK6190PUB 75" going for $799

mallom

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has integrated this TV yet. There are a bunch of IP drivers in the database but none specific for this model. Since they all use WebOS, I would imagine that it would work fine.

This post is not to discuss its image quality. Just wondering if the available IP drivers would work with this TV or if anyone has used any other IR driver with discrete commands (ON/OFF/HDMI).

https://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=809863&utm_source=20190131_eNews_SE_Revenue_R5187&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=R5187&MccGuid=93da952d-7726-4953-954c-445706cd379e

Thanks! :)

If it runs WebOS then it almost certainly can be controlled via the Annex4 driver if there is not a C4 database driver for it. It is not a free driver but it is superb and has a great selection of mini drivers to go with it for direct access to the streaming services/apps.

https://annex4.link/drivers/lg-webos-smarttv

1 minute ago, Crustyloafer said:

If it runs WebOS then it almost certainly can be controlled via the Annex4 driver if there is not a C4 database driver for it. It is not a free driver but it is superb and has a great selection fo mini drivers to go with it for direct access to the streaming services/apps.

https://annex4.link/drivers/lg-webos-smarttv

Yeah.. Im familiar with them.

Just wondering if the free one of the database would also work. I like free stuff! lol

I own the 70UK6570AUA model and I'm using the free LG driver in the database - 70UK6570AUB.  Works great.  Full IP control.  Even using the Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube miniapp drivers.  

4 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Cheap enough for a video wall ;)

Yep - cheaper than what I paid for my 70" during Black Friday.  Also, I just looked and the 6570 series uses AI Thin Q instead of webOS so not sure if the free IP driver would work.

The cost of the Annex driver was a little high offsetting any savings on the unit itself and I wanted IP control so I went with the 6570 series.

5 minutes ago, SY3 said:

Yep - cheaper than what I paid for my 70" during Black Friday.  Also, I just looked and the 6570 series uses AI Thin Q instead of webOS so not sure if the free IP driver would work.

The cost of the Annex driver was a little high offsetting any savings on the unit itself and I wanted IP control so I went with the 6570 series.

Interesting...
Im looking at the driver's documentation and it does not say what OS it was made for. When I google some of the model numbers, they all came back as WebOS, but some of the TVs are  capable of "AI ThinQ®" (I think its just a voice assistance thing... not sure).

In theory, I would imagine that as long as you are using a WebOS capable TV, the driver should work.

Just now, mallom said:

Interesting...
Im looking at the driver's documentation and it does not say what OS it was made for. When I google some of the model numbers, they all came back as WebOS, but some of the TVs are  capable of "AI ThinQ®" (I think its just a voice assistance thing... not sure).

In theory, I would imagine that as long as you are using a WebOS capable TV, the driver should work.

Ya, I'm not sure what the difference is either.  I haven't tried the built-in voice assistance since we're using the Alexa driver anyway.  I'm pretty sure you're right.  Just wanted to let you know my experience with the 6570 model.  Been using it everyday for 2 months now and it hasn't failed.  When the TV is turned off, it will drop off the network.  Unlike my Sharp which needs an active connection for IP control.

2 minutes ago, SY3 said:

Ya, I'm not sure what the difference is either.  I haven't tried the built-in voice assistance since we're using the Alexa driver anyway.  I'm pretty sure you're right.  Just wanted to let you know my experience with the 6570 model.  Been using it everyday for 2 months now and it hasn't failed.  When the TV is turned off, it will drop off the network.  Unlike my Sharp which needs an active connection for IP control.

Great! Thanks :)

3 minutes ago, Pounce said:

If it makes you feel any better the thing also has serial control :)

The driver has IP/Serial/IP control, but not all TV models actually have serial control. :(

I honestly don't care about IP control, as long as the TV takes discrete IR commands, im happy. 

Archived