C4 Forums | Control4

HVAC Question

ILoveC4

I have a zoned HVAC system that is called Bryant Evolution, but is exactly the same as the Carrier Infinity Zone Control system. Information on this system can be found here: http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups/public/documents/techlit/uiz01-3pd.pdf

It appears they have a network control module available that gives access via wifi or internet. I would like to integrate this into my C4 system and keep my existing thermostats.

My dealer isn't aware or "in the know" on this stuff and I can't find an HVAC guy that is either.

Does anyone know if Control4 could communicate with this?

If so, does a driver exist?

If no driver, is there a dealer on here I could pay to create one?

I know there are at least three of us that are active on this forum that are looking for a solution here, so hopefully we could share in the cost of creating a driver if that is even possible.

Hopefully someone can provide some help or at least point in the direction of a place to look for some.

Thanks everybody!

D

So who has the ability to make this driver? What needs to happen?

Edit: I just realized this may come accross as rude. I am truly genuine in these questions. I do not know who can create this driver - if it is somethign Control4 does or a dealer can do. Also, is this something beyond the scope of the "average" dealer? Does the hardware from Carrier actually exist and a driver is the only hangup?

Hopefully we can figure out where the disconnect is, I would think this is do-able.

RyanE - When you state that it's a matter of scheduling, does that mean the driver has to be created by Control4?

I am the 2nd of the 3 that ILoveC4 mentioned, and would love to get my Evolution system integrated.

Rob

No, it doesn't *have* be created by Control4, it's going to be a DriverWorks driver whether Control4 does it, or a dealer.

Typically, though, it's less likely that a dealer would create it, unless they personally already had that system.

Especially if Control4 already has the hardware and is likely to do it before a dealer could get it done anyway.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan, are you in any position to give a timeframe on when you think something like this will be done?

How hard is creating the driver? Could most dealers do it, or is it too time consuming or too advanced?

I really appreciate the insight.

It really depends on your dealer. First, they would probably need a unit to test with. Second, you would most likely have to pay them to create the driver. I have no experience in creating an HVAC Driverworks driver so I don't know how long it would take, but, I would say it is definately going to cost you some big buckaroos.

I know I'm going to get dinged for this answer but...

Control4 does not typically pre-announce products or drivers.

:)

RyanE

P.S. If your dealer wants to know more about it, he can read it on the Official Control4 Dealer Forums.

• 1 year later...

Archived