C4 Forums | Control4

Red C4 Button Double Tap In 1.7

I just had 1.7.2.160 installed and I was hoping for some help on an issue my dealer can't seem to figure out:

The first press of the red C4 button turns the TV on ... no C4 main menu

A second press of the red C4 button displays the C4 main menu

Some more details:

- HC-300 running director (daisy-chained) with a v.1 Media Controller for all other connections

- Same issue in multiple rooms/locations, where one tv is a Samsung and one tv is a Pioneer Elite

- We have two v.1 hand-held remotes and one v.2 ... we can re-create the issue with both remotes

- We have two, v.1 3.5" in-wall touch screens but there's no problem when we select the TV option. This makes sense since the red C4 logo on these doesn't perform a function anyway.

- We had no such issues with all the same equipment but running version 1.3.2

I have HE installed and can inspect some stuff but I'm more than happy to pass dealer programming-specifics on.

Thanks in advance.

You may need to have the dealer check room bindings, for the on screen navigator display for that room - something's fishy, I agree. I know that in 1.6.512 when I did the button push it turned mine on as you described. Since then, I've been relocating everything in my closet and have been without for a bit.. though I am doing an upgrade this weekend from 1.3.2 to 1.7.2.160 so I'll check it out for you then.

Typically problems with the on-screen menu not appearing are due to the on-screen binding for the room being lost, but if it comes up with the second press of the '4' button, that baffles a bit.

I haven't heard of that issue before, and I follow the Official Control4 Dealer Forums fairly closely.

Sorry.

RyanE

Also, I've heard that this is caused by using the photo screen saver functionality. Are you using the photo screen saver?

NOw that I think about it, that was probably the cause of mine. It slowed down the system, so I changed it. When I changed it, this problem went away.

lippavisual, you're a genius!

Thanks for all the feedback.

I can double-check the input selection and I know that we have the screen saver agent enabled/configured in composer but I don't currently have the photo screen saver enabled on any devices ... typically, I'll enable it on our v.1 10.5" if we have company.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Thanks for all the suggestions but here's our solution:

Our dealer claims that the issue is related to using one controller for two TV locations (he says that normally, there is one controller for each tv/location). The workaround was to add a few lines of code that mimic pressing the red 4 button twice after the user has pressed it only once to turn on the system.

Archived