C4 Forums | Control4

Can I reassign SR260 remote buttons?

I've recently cut the cord and am using the DirecTV Now App for TV and friends and family struggle to flip channels using the C4 SR260 remote as the typical channel up and down don't perform as expected.  Is there a way to reassign the channel up and down buttons to "nav left" and "nav right"?

12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

There is no way to change this

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I hope C4 will work on  making this available soon, as I know many others are leaving the traditional cable TV for online streaming television. This can be a frustrating process with the way the remote is currently mapped 

Do the channel up and down buttons currently do anything?

If not, then you could possibly do it with some programming in Composer HE. I've not used the Shield before, but if the left and right commands are available as actions in the right hand side then this should work:

When <ROOM> receives command Channel Up:

If <ROOM> Video Source is NVIDIA SHIELD

Send Command RIGHT to NVIDIA SHIELD

When <ROOM> receives command Channel Down:

If <ROOM> Video Source is NVIDIA SHIELD

Send Command LEFT to NVIDIA SHIELD

You would need to do this for each room the Shield is available in.

If the channel up and down buttons do something currently, then this would execute the left and right programming as well as what the buttons currently do, which would probably not be ideal!

On 4/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, digitaltrader said:

Seems like it would be fairly simple for Control4 to implement.

It's not that simple though.  Control4 dumps devices in "buckets" so that it's easy to add lots and lots of devices without having to reinvent the wheel with each one.  That's what gives it the flexibility to integrate with so many things.  that also creates limitations though as each device in that "bucket", at least to an extent, has to follow the same rules.  That is a very crude way of explaining this but the point is it's difficult from Control4 to make sure every command on every device makes sense because they aren't even the ones actually writing a lot of these drivers, they have just created to space for these drivers to exist.  

Archived