C4 Forums | Control4

Latest Version of ComposerHomeEdition

poucedeleon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^I asked him about this but he didn't seem to be aware that an update to CHE was not there(?) So, I'm running the same ver. of CHE as I did when I was on 1.7.1.290. i don't see any problems but what do I know...

^^I asked him about this but he didn't seem to be aware that an update to CHE was not there(?) So, I'm running the same ver. of CHE as I did when I was on 1.7.1.290. i don't see any problems but what do I know...

It is strongly recommended you run the same version of Composer as your director is running. You should pressure your dealer to get you the upgraded ComposerHE.

My dealer told me that Composer Home Edition is no longer being offered for sale. Is this correct?

thanks...

I have not been informed of any cease-sale on Composer Home Edition. If your dealer won't sell it to you, another dealer can :)

ILoveC4- I don't know, I still think issuing commands into the director (SR-250) while trying to write to it via CHE doesn't sound like a safe thing. Besides, I've used the older ver. of CHE for many changes and it was just one time that it crashed things out.

Either way, you should always use the appropriate version of programming software that matches the version you are running on your project. 1.7.2.160 for CHE is out. We dont know the nitty gritty of the differences, only what C4 advertises, so there's no telling what's going on behind the scenes that might cause you grief later on.

^Well, we're loaded with latest version so I'll march-on and see what else happens. Thanks Ryan for the push, I was under the impression that since he didn't offer to update my laptop that I could just get the CHE update on the website.

• 3 weeks later...
You should definitely get the update link for HE, as running a different version as your controller can be a bad thing...

RyanE

Ryan,

I ran into the same thing when I called my dealer he said there was no link he could send me to download a update. I am currently running 1.7.1.290 on my system and my Composer Home Edition is 1.6.0 When I open it I get a error message "control4_IPhoneFull" failed to initialize.

Unfortunately, although there *is* a link to the latest version, I don't have what the link is at the moment, and don't have time today to look it up (back from vacation, tons of stuff to get done, etc.). It's available on the Control4 Dealer Forums.

Your dealer will have to look there, or in the release notes.

RyanE

I have to say some dealers are right out to lunch about this! I had the same problem when I updated to 1.7. My dealer kept saying that Composer HE 1.7 wasn't available (the retail version wasn't available). After some looking around and calling another dealer, my dealer finally forwarded me the link. How as a dealer do these people not know what is going on or how to find info for their customers!!! Just my 2 cents.

Archived