C4 Forums | Control4

Who Here Still Have V1 System Hardware

csmpez

Just seeing how many of us are out here still using the V1 hardware. I'd like to get some of the new features installed, but it seems that when I talk to my dealer he informs me that I need a new HC300 for downstairs (replaces the V1 Media Controller) and an HC300 for upstairs (replaces the V1 Home Theater Controller) if I want to take advantage of the new features offered by C4 (like the iPod dock, Rhapsody, etc.). It's ashame to have to pitch perfectly working hardware to get the new features in the home. I thought this was one of the advantages of C4, that your system can grow with new features. Oh well, guess I'll have to caugh up some dough for new hardware... wife wants Rhapsody.

Scott

I still have a media controller and a V1 and V2 remote, as well as a V1 amp. I have added newer controllers and am running the latest version. The media controller and HTC can still be used, it is just recommended you don't run director on them with the 1.6 and higher software revision.

I still have a media controller and a V1 and V2 remote, as well as a V1 amp. I have added newer controllers and am running the latest version. The media controller and HTC can still be used, it is just recommended you don't run director on them with the 1.6 and higher software revision.

So what you are saying is I can purchase a HT300 and use that as the brain rather then the media controller? What would the media controller be used for (storage... like a back up hard drive)?

The Media Controller and HTC can be used the same way they are now, except for running the project. 1 HC300 is all that is needed to get you Rhapsody. As long as it is the Master Controller running director in the project.

This is good to know... I wonder why I was told I needed two HT300s? I guess they want to ditch the HTC and wireless game adaptor that's upstairs and hardwire via CAT5 (there's a nearby volumn controller that's wired CAT5.

The Media Controller and HTC can be used the same way they are now' date=' except for running the project. 1 HC300 is all that is needed to get you Rhapsody. As long as it is the Master Controller running director in the project.[/quote']

This is good to know... I wonder why I was told I needed two HT300s? I guess they want to ditch the HTC and wireless game adaptor that's upstairs and hardwire via CAT5 (there's a nearby volumn controller that's wired CAT5.

As much as I hate to say this it sounds like they wanted to sell a pair of HC300's.

Actually, I shouldn't say that. It is impossible for one of us to chime in without knowing the entire conversation and being there to know what all the parties involved were thinking and expecting.

I am running three htc's with 1.7.2 as well as a wireless speaker point. All works fine with my system. I am also using one of the htc's to control two differnent tv's, as well as swithes/dimmers throughout the house and a whole house audio from a buffalo drive on the network. I am waiting on cash to get a hc-300 to get the rhapsody feature and and a video matrix to distribute viedo. I did install video baluns to get video to a couple of locations to duplicate video in a couple of rooms and pretty happy with that also.

The only time I see delays is when switching rooms, but that is not too often in that I have remotes in each room. From what I read here, this is pusing the htc's to the limits, but I have no complaints.

Which controller is running the project?

The Media Controller downstairs has the Director on it. So I throw a HC300 in the rack to run the Director and I'm good for the latest and greatest from C4, correct? I already have 1.7, so I'm good there.

Have they come out with anything yet to distribute 1080p video over something besides HDMI cables from a source to the TV? When my house was built from 2004-2005, all the low voltage wiring in the walls was component for HDTV. I do have CAT5 near all the TVs.

Scott

Which controller is running the project?

The Media Controller downstairs has the Director on it. So I throw a HC300 in the rack to run the Director and I'm good for the latest and greatest from C4' date=' correct? I already have 1.7, so I'm good there.

Have they come out with anything yet to distribute 1080p video over something besides HDMI cables from a source to the TV? When my house was built from 2004-2005, all the low voltage wiring in the walls was component for HDTV. I do have CAT5 near all the TVs.

Scott[/quote']

Correct, switch the director from the Media Controller to the HC300 and that will give you the Rhapsody support.

Component cabling has always been able to support 1080P video. The problem lies with electronics manufacturer's and the HDMI &^%$*#. They are the ones who have crippled our industry into using an awful video standard (HDMI) just to receive 1080P video. Now, there are a few sources which will output 1080P over the component outputs, but anythig Bluray related, is only HDMI.

Personally, I don't mind distributing either 1080I or 720P through a Comp. Matrix for Blurays. Most will not notice a difference on there 32"- 50" displays.

Sounds to me like an HC300 should get you there.

I have an HTC upstairs basically serving as a Zigbee repeater and IR output device, and it works fine in 1.7.2.

RyanE

I have the same thing Ryan has more or less. My HTC is in a bedroom and is the zserver and ir for the bedroom. It runs off a wireless bridge and works quite well, controlling a "tube" tv no less. :)

Archived