C4 Forums | Control4

New Blu-Ray Changer Speculation

I'm hearing around $2xxx or so. Maybe it will be at Cedia. If it is, I will tell you then if it isn't already out.

That's cool, but still too expensive for my blood.

For that price you could buy a huge NAS, an EVA9150 (or 2 for that matter), and an internal blueray disc drive for your PC (if you didn't already have one).

Instead of forking over $2k+ for this I will just increase network storage and put a blueray player in my PC.

Plus, I can do that today and don't have to wait god knows how long.

Yeah, but I like the quality and convenience of the physical discs as opposed to the server/9150 model. Its more expensive but the 777 linkage is a cleaner interface.

I will probably get one even though I told my wife we absolutely had to have the PS3 as our BD player. Maybe if the 1.9/2.0 upgrade comes out I'll use the BD changer as an excuse to get the upgrade installed (see what a faithful client I am!).

It looks *exactly* like the non-functioning prototype of the same model we were showing in the Sony section of Control4's Partner Pavilion at CES...

The unit even had LEDs and the 'BD Mega Changer' display to light up the front panel, etc., but it's only connection on the back side was to a wall wart.

RyanE

It looks *exactly* like the non-functioning prototype of the same model we were showing in the Sony section of Control4's Partner Pavilion at CES...

The unit even had LEDs and the 'BD Mega Changer' display to light up the front panel, etc., but it's only connection on the back side was to a wall wart.

RyanE

It also looks similar to another non-functioning prototype you were showing with no ETA ;)

*cough* *cough*

Control4 does not typically pre-announce products with no ETA at shows...

:)

RyanE

I saw a picture of it in a rack with a certain company's badge on it. Whether C4 said anything about it or not is irrelevant. :lol:

Archived