C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 TouchScreen Latency

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has ever had a latency problem with a Control4 touchscreen (i.e. push a button and the system doesn't respond for a few seconds). In addition, the screen will often make the wrong selection - e.g. push on one button and it selects the one three above from it. Any ideas what the cause might be?

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Interesting - maybe a firmware rollback will have an impact in fixing the problem. I would imagine a firmware rollback is possible?

The problems on my 7" screen are intermittent too (on a variety of C4 tasks)

Cool, another mav! What are the odds? <lol

I doubt a rollback would help, especially with a 7". Did the prob start after an upgrade, and that's why you're thinking rollback?

Personally, sounds like a hardware issue. Have you calibrated the screen?

Edit: Didn't see that C4Newbie has similar probs... what version was the update to?

I would suggest your dealer insuring the TS is on the same firmware as the Director.

If the TS is not on the same as the Director this could cause the latency.

Thanks for the replies everyone - I'll try these out & let you know how it turns out.

Mav-Jason - how do I go about calibrating the screen? I did a quick search and I couldn't find any info on it.

Lol, I wonder how many mav's are out there? Although in my case mav stands for my initials and not 'maverick' ;)

• 2 months later...
I am wondering if anyone has ever had a latency problem with a Control4 touchscreen (i.e. push a button and the system doesn't respond for a few seconds).

We have a couple new Control4 7 inch touchscreens that are having latency problems... in fact I posted a Youtube video which demonstrates... sometimes the system responds, other times, it ignores:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ5Ci3UmTek

The video is of lighting scenes controlling the 3 dimmers just below the touchpad.

Anyone seen something like this before? mav1 did you find a solution?

Thanks!

I have the same problem with my cat5 7 inch wall panel. It always freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. Mine never happens in lights or anything else but music. Almost all the time when I queue up a playing list and then try to switch to zones it will just sit there for 15 seconds or so...then when it does switch to zones and you try to add a zone it freezes again.

My dealer had me upgrade my router, to a small business cisco router (I forget the model, I'm not at home right now), but it did not make any difference.

All my 4 inch touch panels do not do this at all, I can replicate the same thing that had problems on the 7 inch on one of my 4 inches and there is zero delay.

I'm on the most recent software, my dealer upgraded my software about 3 weeks ago (but had the problem on all versions I've been on before that)

Any thoughts

Thanks

Dave

I have the same problem with my cat5 7 inch wall panel. It always freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. Mine never happens in lights or anything else but music. Almost all the time when I queue up a playing list and then try to switch to zones it will just sit there for 15 seconds or so...then when it does switch to zones and you try to add a zone it freezes again.

My dealer had me upgrade my router, to a small business cisco router (I forget the model, I'm not at home right now), but it did not make any difference.

All my 4 inch touch panels do not do this at all, I can replicate the same thing that had problems on the 7 inch on one of my 4 inches and there is zero delay.

I'm on the most recent software, my dealer upgraded my software about 3 weeks ago (but had the problem on all versions I've been on before that)

Any thoughts

Thanks

Dave

I have an HC-300 and a Media Controller...I think the HC-300 does everything and the Media Controller stores the music...but I'm not positive?

My dealer had me upgrade my router' date=' to a small business cisco router (I forget the model, I'm not at home right now), but it did not make any difference.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Dave[/quote']

I have an HC-300 and a Media Controller...I think the HC-300 does everything and the Media Controller stores the music...but I'm not positive?

You'll notice a big difference on these lastest version numbers if your HC300 is the master controller vs. the MC, if that's the case.

My dealer had me upgrade my router' date=' to a small business cisco router (I forget the model, I'm not at home right now), but it did not make any difference.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Dave[/quote']

You'll notice a big difference on these lastest version numbers if your HC300 is the master controller vs. the MC, if that's the case.

I'm on 1.7.3.20....is that what you mean or the next update?

Thanks

Dave

I had the same issue with my 7” at my house – over tightened it a bit :)

Took a screw driver and turned it a bit to loosen the screws and haven’t had an issue yet.

(bezel was holding onto the screen to tight)

I had the same issue with my 7” at my house – over tightened it a bit :)

Took a screw driver and turned it a bit to loosen the screws and haven’t had an issue yet.

(bezel was holding onto the screen to tight)

oh interesting' date=' I'll try that tonight. Thanks[/quote']

I loosed the screws to the box in the wall and the ones on the screen just a little....and amazingly it does not freeze at all anymore....amazing! Thanks for the tip!

Archived