C4 Forums | Control4

Luma NVR/Cameras

Just had a Luma 510 NVR and twelve Luma 710 cameras installed. Question about c4 integration:

Using the Luma control4 driver, is it possible to send the main stream to the native Luma app (4k quality) and then send the substream to T3 screens? I thought this was the point of having 3 streams in the 710 camera (the 3rd substream being specifically made for control systems). But my local dealer is saying this isnt possible and that the mainstream will have to be degraded in order to view it on the T3s. 

Do I need to maybe just set up a generic camera driver for each camera and not use the Luma based c4 driver at all? 

I thought it was like this:

Main stream= 4K res and is recorded by NVR

2nd stream= up 640 x 480, used for Luma app, any higher res will not work.  App not optimized for this.

3rd stream= up to 1080p max res, used for control systems.

I don't use the NVR's so no experience with them or the drivers.  But I think if you have all the cameras plugged into the onboard poe ports on the NVR, you'll have to use the NVR driver, otherwise I don't think there is a way to pull those streams out (ie: different subnets, firewalls, etc.).

If all your cams are plugged directly into a poe switch that's on your network, and the NVR is just pulling in the IP's for each camera, then yes, you can setup individual camera drivers for each and insert the url for the stream you want to use.  Remember, no higher than 1080p for new c4 devices.

I’m interested in this topic as well.  

I have the LUMA Navigation driver for the 510 NVR and a driver for each of the cameras in the project.  All of my cameras except one connect directly to the NVR

Will have to go through the LUMA doc and see how/where the 3 sub streams are set.  There is no useful info in the doc for the NVR driver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.