C4 Forums | Control4

BOUGHT - No longer looking. WTB - EA5 (v1 or v2) - Pre-owned is A-OK.

Sipsy

Looking to replace my HC250 with an EA5v2. Anybody want to sell me one? 

Updated 7/27/19 - Thanks to several members who have kindly reached out to me. I'm going to modify my topic heading to specify v1 or v2, as either will suit my needs, and I'm not necessarily looking for brand new. Thanks to this community for being so responsive to my WTB here!

Unless my eyes deceive me and I'm grossly misinformed, there is. The differences between the two, quite honestly, are immaterial to me based on being only a prothusiast with a moderately sized home and project. I've attached C4's data sheet detailing the comparison between the two. 

12 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

There’s a V2?

Just now, Sipsy said:

Unless my eyes deceive me and I'm grossly misinformed, there is. The differences between the two, quite honestly, are immaterial to me based on being only a prothusiast with a moderately sized home and project. I've attached C4's data sheet detailing the comparison between the two. 

ea-5-data-sheet-rev-c.pdf 1.46 MB · 0 downloads

3 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

That’s interesting. I don’t see any difference between them, but 2 model numbers. I’ll have to check and see which one I have!

Primary differences I note are:

• v2 doesn't have integrated WiFi - have to use USB dongle
  • Audio circuitry improvements in v2 intended to address "popping" issues experienced by small percentage of v1 users
  • v2 replaces older flash storage with SSD
  • Minimum supported OS on v2 is 2.10.2 versus 2.8.1 on v1.
  • ID button on v2 also has an LED

Same CPU, RAM, etc. 

Many thanks to all of the members who took time to reply and engage with me. I was able to get an excellent deal on exactly what I was looking for, and less than 24 hours after I posted. Thanks again!

Archived