C4 Forums | Control4

T3 Devices

Hi all,

Just wanted to check something with someone that knows the T3 devices well. I have a solid wireless network watching 4K streaming over it is not an issue at all. The T3 screens seem to struggle with so much when doing Video. I use the Video function for many reasons, have one in each kids rooms so we can intercom them etc one of the kids is a toddler  and we use the monitor mode on her T3. I have another in my study which on the other side of the house and where I spend most of my time. Wife intercoms me often for things (you know when you doing something really important and fetching something out the car is more important :) )

What I experience is two things:

1. Video quality is really cr@p even though in composer the quality is set to: High Quality Enabled
    1. What do I mean by that: Either the picture staggers or its very slow - never crystal clear. Kinda like when you watching a high quality video and its buffering starts playing but pixilated
  2. The audio quality is terrible it is like a 1990 cell phone type quality

I use the T3's none the less but got me thinking all other video and audio wireless experiences are excellent why is an expensive bit of kit like this have such a bad experience. It could be so many factors some of which I do not believe it is i.e. Network but I am willing to learn from anyone with some advise 

mine do well. they are not the best cameras or audio devices by any means, so need to keep that in mind. if you are having issues it is likely network related. either traffic is getting blocked or not optimized. Need to look into logs more throughly to see what is happening. 

Streaming 4k video is one thing streaming live audio and video is a whole another thing. compound that with 2 way communication you have a much more complicated data then simply streaming 4k video. which most streaming services hit around 15 m/bs for video quality which is not even as high as 1080p blu-ray.

6 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

mine do well. they are not the best cameras or audio devices by any means, so need to keep that in mind. if you are having issues it is likely network related. either traffic is getting blocked or not optimized. Need to look into logs more throughly to see what is happening. 

Streaming 4k video is one thing streaming live audio and video is a whole another thing. compound that with 2 way communication you have a much more complicated data then simply streaming 4k video. which most streaming services hit around 15 m/bs for video quality which is not even as high as 1080p blu-ray.

Ok understood will do some packet sniffing to see what is going on. Thank you for the response 

Was typing a response then deleted it to go check my original post :)

I did mention wireless but wasn’t clear enough. These are free standing or desktop whatever they called. Reason little ones grow quickly and chopping walls to match their height all the time wasn’t an option for me.

This is a wireless solution. I am not sure its a wireless problem the house has 100% coverage everywhere and is using enterprise grade APs. Having said that I have already asked level 3 support of the vendor for an t answer and they testing on my network. I am also brushing off my old technical skills and doing some traffic sniffing and log mining to see if I can find anything.

The reason in my original response I said I have solid wifi is coverage is at 100%, all other service work so well file transfer, streaming video / audio, I even use a wireless HDMI extender for my domestic workers rooms and the audio and video work perfectly ( not 4k but HD).

I don’t rule out the network as I do have a complex network because I am a geek. Just find it difficult to believe that C4 has something special that requires something different from everything else that I am running.

What wireless do you have? I have heard of issues with Luxul WAPs and Control4 even added them to their do not use list.

You not going to like it as we had this discussion on a separate thread Unifi. Also have their gold support busy looking at it while I try on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What wireless do you have? I have heard of issues with Luxul WAPs and Control4 even added them to their do not use list.

You not going to like it as we had this discussion on a separate thread Unifi. Also have their gold support busy looking at it while I try on this forum.

32 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

How do u managed to hit the post 3 times like that? What AP do u use? 😂😂😂😂

I had some issues with one of my IE screens that was working over WiFi, My Dealer reset it, reflash it with Image Updater added back to my project and ever since (2 yrs) it never got disconnected.  I have a Solid UniFi based network.

YOU might try deleting everything including the communication agent rebooting the controller and reinstalling everything, it has helped in other projects.

Ok before I delete my project :) you mean reset the T3s and delete and recreate the coms agent? Does it need a reboot after deleting the com agent then a reboot after adding it?

7 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Ok before I delete my project :) you mean reset the T3s and delete and recreate the coms agent? Does it need a reboot after deleting the com agent then a reboot after adding it?

no delete all intercom devices and communication agent. reboot. then read communication first once its idle then load intercoms.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.