C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 for PC-Mac not launching

Running 3.0.0.562836 and unable to get app to launch. Will not connect to Director. I've confirmed the IP Address and can ping with no issues. I'm using a 64-bit Surface Pro with Windows 10 Pro.  I've uninstalled "Adobe Air" and "Adobe Flash Player" and "Control4 for PC-Mac", rebooted and reinstalled all three but still have no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2019 at 12:51 PM, BuffaloC4 said:

Is it free? Just downloaded it, runs great, but assumed it wouldn’t be free.

Well, define free - you pay for it in game adds that pop-up on the load screen and their recommended games to earn extra bluestack points etc.

But yeah it's a pretty nice piece of work for no 'cash' cost.

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

You can't - because it's how bluestacks operates (it emulates it's won network).

There is another emulator available that does NOT do that I think I heard does work, but the name escapes me at the moment. If I come across it I'll post it.

Much appreciated Cy

17 hours ago, Cyknight said:

You can't - because it's how bluestacks operates (it emulates it's won network).

I'm no expert on Bluestacks, but I did notice that my C4 app shows local connection and the 10.x address of my controller. I can also pull up chrome and access 10.x addresses.

I looked no further, but that seems to show it's capable of accessing the local net.

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

I'm no expert on Bluestacks, but I did notice that my C4 app shows local connection and the 10.x address of my controller. I can also pull up chrome and access 10.x addresses.

I looked no further, but that seems to show it's capable of accessing the local net.

Sure it can access the local net - if it couldn't somehow access it, you'd not be able to connect at all. The point is that bluestacks is operating on it's own generated IP address so the app sees it as 'not on the same network' - so it triggers the remote connection setup (which then requires 4Sight).

The only thing I can think of, is is there is some way to load a VPN app onto bluestack, set it up back to the router and use that....but I've no clue if, or how well, that would work (as I literally just thought of that).

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Sure it can access the local net - if it couldn't somehow access it, you'd not be able to connect at all. The point is that bluestacks is operating on it's own generated IP address so the app sees it as 'not on the same network' - so it triggers the remote connection setup (which then requires 4Sight).

The only thing I can think of, is is there is some way to load a VPN app onto bluestack, set it up back to the router and use that....but I've no clue if, or how well, that would work (as I literally just thought of that).

Well if bluestacks does what a lot of OS emulators do, it's probably just doing a NAT on it's address. In theory C4 app shouldn't know if its local or remote, not sure but thought 4sight is used when the local is unreachable. A good example is on my iPhone if it's on wifi shows LOCAL, on 4g shows remote.

I understand the your logic.  But my C4 app says local Connected (LOCAL) with bluestacks..  I assumed that mean not using a 4sight connection. 

Same deal if you use Parallels.....you can connect to a local directory even though parallels uses an internal address vs the network's block.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.