C4 Forums | Control4

Reliability & Ongoing Costs

esanto1

16 minutes ago, esanto1 said:

May try to dig into this a bit deeper. If aircon companies can replace the tablet with upgraded models, surely there would be a way to configure it to a different touchscreen.

I currently have two screens vertically stacked for the doorbell and MyAir so was hoping to consolidate into one but if I can’t get rid of the MyAir tablet...

As the guy who wrote the driver and worked with Advantage Air on this i am telling you that you can't do that.

3 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Not sure if it’s possible. The app is free but devices connected to your SIP server need a license with a yearly cost.  Maybe they offer a free trial

Yeah, I was just taking a look, and I think you're right.

Oh well, maybe I.A. will make some improvements.  As it turns out, we're not particularly popular, so other than Amazon, we don't get many people at our door anyway!!😉

25 minutes ago, alanchow said:

As the guy who wrote the driver and worked with Advantage Air on this i am telling you that you can't do that.

Ok, cool. Thanks for confirming.

Looks like I can’t consolidate tablets after all. Well, at least I know now.

2 hours ago, Don Cohen said:

Thanks again.  I have previously logged into the DS2's Web Interface, and have seen how many things can be configured there.  That's in fact where I had configured the Motion Sensing event in my first post in this thread.

Regarding the IR question, I've attached a Screen Capture of the only page I've found that mentions IR, but that seems to be only in reference to the brightness of the IR LED's.

I've also looked through the many, many pages of the web interface, and did find a couple of somewhat cryptic (to me anyway) "2N" references.

If you could specify which pages you have used to gain that other level of functionality, I can check to see if there are corresponding pages for the DS2.

Don

DS2-Mini-Config.jpg

I was able to login and go through the settings, but I don't see any event options for motion.  Only able to set notifications for troubles and tamper etc., but not motion.  I went through every setting, but maybe I don't recognize it.  Where did you set it to email on motion?

8 hours ago, slash007 said:

I was able to login and go through the settings, but I don't see any event options for motion.  Only able to set notifications for troubles and tamper etc., but not motion.  I went through every setting, but maybe I don't recognize it.  Where did you set it to email on motion?

This made me do some digging, as I hadn't done this in the Web Interface, but discovered it's actually there.

ScreenCap1 shows where you start - under Services...Automation...   You choose the Edit (pencil) icons on one of the available Functions.  This then brings up:

ScreenCap2 which shows the available Events to use, and the Functions you can tie them to.  Drag the Motion Detected Event over to the right, then the Send Email Action, and 'drag' a connection between the 2.

You will need to define your email parameters in the Services...Email... section for this to work.

That should get you what you want.  I am curious to see how it works for you.  In my situation, changes in sun and cloud conditions resulted in way too many false positive emails some days, so it was more bother than it was worth.  That's why I switched to a true motion sensor.

Interestingly, the Automation section is labeled as "2N" as eggzlot was referring to.

ScreenCap1.png

ScreenCap2.png

15 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

This made me do some digging, as I hadn't done this in the Web Interface, but discovered it's actually there.

ScreenCap1 shows where you start - under Services...Automation...   You choose the Edit (pencil) icons on one of the available Functions.  This then brings up:

ScreenCap2 which shows the available Events to use, and the Functions you can tie them to.  Drag the Motion Detected Event over to the right, then the Send Email Action, and 'drag' a connection between the 2.

You will need to define your email parameters in the Services...Email... section for this to work.

That should get you what you want.  I am curious to see how it works for you.  In my situation, changes in sun and cloud conditions resulted in way too many false positive emails some days, so it was more bother than it was worth.  That's why I switched to a true motion sensor.

Interestingly, the Automation section is labeled as "2N" as eggzlot was referring to.

ScreenCap1.png

ScreenCap2.png

Labeled 2n because the DS2 was built by 2n.  Those screens are what I see on my 2n.  It’s probably 95% the same 

14 hours ago, slash007 said:

I get errors when setting it up.  What can I put under "sender" in the "SendEmail" setting?  It does not accept anything I type.

I haven't actually done this before (I set it up in Composer Pro), but you're talking about the "SendEmail" field?  I would guess it would be the same as the "From" email address in the SMTP setup in the Services...Email...SMTP... page.  I imagine you've tried that, and if it doesn't work, I'm not sure what to try next.

If you have Composer HE (you can buy it if you don't, and it includes 1 year of 4Sight), I would guess that this would be part of the available programming in that software.  MIght be another option if the DS2 interface won't work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.