C4 Forums | Control4

Touchscreen slideshow

outmotoring

I have 6 or so of the C4 touchscreens around the house and wanted to know if I can pull images/slideshow from a NAS (or any other local source, thumb drive, etc) and display them on the touchscreens at random. Is this feature possible?

Right now I have it set to show the time which is helpful but....

I have 6 or so of the C4 touchscreens around the house and wanted to know if I can pull images/slideshow from a NAS (or any other local source, thumb drive, etc) and display them on the touchscreens at random. Is this feature possible?
Right now I have it set to show the time which is helpful but....

Yeah sure you can you just need to add the screensaver agent

Let me know if you need a hand doing it.

Thanks
Muj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a file size limit? I have a NAS with around 25K family photos so I thought I would just point the screensaver agent to that folder on the NAS and let it cycle through all of them. Will the system be able to process and manage that many images or should I pull out few hundred/thousand just for the screensaver agent?

You’ll have to add the images in via the screen saver agent. It then compresses the images and then saves them to a location on your nas in the correct format.

Best thing to do is add the nas agent in and name it screensaver and point it to a directory

Then in composer, in the agents tab define that share to be used for the screensaver

Then go to media and click on screensaver on the left and then the add on the top right.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Muj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is to pull the images that you want to use off of your NAS and put them onto a USB thumb drive.  That way your NAS isn't constantly spinning the discs (which will happen if using NAS directly).

It's also a little easier (at least in my eyes) to take out the thumb drive and swap pictures around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.