C4 Forums | Control4

Mini apps for LG, Netflix, youtube etc... no volume and...

tims

Hi Guys, I need some help if possible. In programming LG mini apps to an LG tv I cannot seem to get audio to the mini apps (Via the receiver) even though I have bound them to the TV as your supposed to via mini app 1, 2, 3... HMDI ARC just seems to make it horribly inconsistent. ie.... works sometimes but sometimes not...  Is there a trick to this where the audio would work thru the mini apps via the receiver. From what I have seen with HDMI arc that seems to be all over the place...Attached is my current programming... Thanks guys

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 5.28.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 5.28.38 PM.png

Yea, I thought about an APPLE TV. That has everything and works fine in another room. Just seems silly that all the tech this kinda think couldn't work. Is there no way to choose an output something like.... When living video is Netflix choose optical or HDMI Arc output? I did not see such at thing... Thanks 

15 minutes ago, tims said:

Yea, I thought about an APPLE TV. That has everything and works fine in another room. Just seems silly that all the tech this kinda think couldn't work. Is there no way to choose an output something like.... When living video is Netflix choose optical or HDMI Arc output? I did not see such at thing... Thanks 

I don’t think you can choose output type per app. You can set it to be optical all the time which will be rock solid, but you loose any high resolution audio format. May not matter depending on your setup. 

• 2 weeks later...

We use one or more of these on almost every job for this precisely this purpose. Being in the UK a lot of our clients use the built in Freeview tuners in their TVs and of course the built in apps too. 

We use the Blustream CAT100AU for optical audio return to an AVR or other amp for the speakers in that zone. Transmitter at TV end is powered over the CAT5/6 cable from the receiver unit in the rack. The receiver unit has a built in DAC so you can feed native digital optical into an AVR for full surround or just 2Ch PCM into the analogue inputs of an audio matrix.

https://www.blustream.co.uk/cat100au

For those in the US, where the Blustream range is not sold, it is OEMed by Blustream under the Xantech brand and they offer exactly the same product under a different label:

https://www.xantech.com/product/audio-over-cat-cable-built-dac-XT-CAT-ARC-KIT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.