C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to connect to hc800 after factory reset

Johng

Question

I have a customer who just moved into their house, it still has all the equipment in it, but the HC800 was factory reset by previous owner, customer wants to add onto system and get exsisting equipment added back in, but every time I try to connect thru composer I get this message. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to upgrade customer to ea series?

44678D2A-E7A9-4009-8FC1-C809CD210091.jpeg

12 answers to this question

I have both composer pro 3.1.1 and composer pro 2.9.1, I am having trouble finding a composer patch, and when I try to connect with latest version of composer pro, I keep getting the error mentioned in above post, I have searched dealer.control4.com, and unable to locate it. Is it better to use 2.9.1 when connecting to the 800 or 3.1.1. Trying to be prepared for tomorrow, I am fairly new to c4, and this is the first 800 I have had to work with, appreciate all the help so far, once I can get connected I’m golden lol.

8 hours ago, Johng said:

I have both composer pro 3.1.1 and composer pro 2.9.1, I am having trouble finding a composer patch, and when I try to connect with latest version of composer pro, I keep getting the error mentioned in above post, I have searched dealer.control4.com, and unable to locate it. Is it better to use 2.9.1 when connecting to the 800 or 3.1.1. Trying to be prepared for tomorrow, I am fairly new to c4, and this is the first 800 I have had to work with, appreciate all the help so far, once I can get connected I’m golden lol.

Composer Patch  is available via the  new Tech.Control4.com website.

You should always connect to a controller using a matching version of Composer Pro to the version running on the controller. With OS3 it is not critical the Composer Pro version is exactly the same, any version of Composer 3.x.x should be able to connect to any controller running OS3.x.x. With OS2 the Composer version needs to match exactly to enable full programming access.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.