C4 Forums | Control4

Adaptive Phase Dimmers not dimming anymore

Hey guys, 

I am stumped on this one. I had my Control4 system since December running an EA5, but last month I noticed that none of my adaptive phase dimmers are dimming. They will only turn on and off. Through the app or Neeo remotes the dimming slider will only turn them on or off. I have tried resetting through the air gap switch and that does not seem to revert the dimming back. 

If I reset using the 9-4-9 the dimming is restored for 15-45 min and the lights will have a slight flicker and then dimming functionality stops. I have tried setting the adaptive phase to forward or reverse and that does not seem to help. 

My lights and light bulbs are all capable of dimming as I have replaced the bulbs and fixtures to dimmable when I completed my renovation. One other thing to note is I have a couple of legacy dimmers and they still dim and have not lost their functionality. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've run into what sounds like the same issue a couple times when I've had to swap out my controller.  I've had to go into the dimmer settings and reset the ramp rates and so forth, and apply those to all dimmers, then they start working again normally.  only affected my newer style dimmers as you've mentioned.

Seen the same once or twice on occasion when having to change out the controller - found that it likely has to do with stored forward/reverse phase on dimmer - 15 tap is a proper reset of the device and fixed it for me (9-4-9 is not a power cycle reboot). Could also force a phase check from composer to achieve the same thing, but 15 tap is quicker.

I did try adjusting the ramp rates and such in the settings. I also  tried the 15 taps and locked in either a forward or reverse phase depending on what Composer defaulted the dimmer to. But nothing worked, except for the 9-4-9 tap for a limited time before reverting back. I cannot figure this one out. Any other recommendations?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.