C4 Forums | Control4

Qolsys IQ 2+ Security Integration

Yes I have my panel integrated.
From control4, you can see and change the state of the alarm. You can also see the states of the sensors or it shows you which sensors are in the open position.

In terms of what you can do programming wise, you can set it to send you a notification if the alarm is on. this weekend I’m going to try and use one of the motion sensors to program that if it senses motion to turn of a few lights. Will let you know how this works but it should be ok.

Honestly don’t know how much more they can give for integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mine integrated. You can add generic control4 sensors in the project and bind the alarm sensors to them. I have push notifications going for doors, lights programmed to turn on at night when doors are opened and the alarm is on. They work great and are very fast to respond.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 6:40 AM, Rbeard said:

I have mine integrated. You can add generic control4 sensors in the project and bind the alarm sensors to them. I have push notifications going for doors, lights programmed to turn on at night when doors are opened and the alarm is on. They work great and are very fast to respond.

How do I integrate it? do I need some adapter (like IT-100)? or just IP?

• 2 months later...

So thinking of pulling the trigger on the Qolsys unit soon. If I get this integrated with C4, I assume I can cancel my Alarm.com subscription and just keep the central monitoring, right?  With 4sight, keeping Alarm.com will be mostly redundant. 

I do like the Home Screen Widget for Alarm.com on IOS, which I use to quickly arm/disarm. Doesn’t look like C4 has IOS Widget capability, which is too bad. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:57 AM, dinom said:

So thinking of pulling the trigger on the Qolsys unit soon. If I get this integrated with C4, I assume I can cancel my Alarm.com subscription and just keep the central monitoring, right?  With 4sight, keeping Alarm.com will be mostly redundant. 

I do like the Home Screen Widget for Alarm.com on IOS, which I use to quickly arm/disarm. Doesn’t look like C4 has IOS Widget capability, which is too bad. 

Did you find out if you have to keep your Alarm.com subscription?

With my security company, Surety, I can have an Alarm.com account without central monitoring, but not the other way around.  Not sure if other companies allow just the central monitoring for cheaper. 

If you don’t want/need central monitoring then you could probably self monitor with just the panel connected locally to Control4 and use 4sight subscription to remotely control and monitor. 

Thanks! My real question is do I have to have the panel connected to a monitoring company in order to access that feature required to connect it to Control4? I’m looking at the instructions for generating the token needed to integrate it and I don’t have the options in my settings. 

Great! I’ll look around for them. Not seeing much that matches the instructions but maybe it’s just worded differently. Have you had any issues at all with devices dropping? I’m always Leary about battery powered devices but I don’t really have a lot of time to get someone to my house and try and hook up the security system that came per-installed in my house.

You mean the battery powered sensors dropping out?  Never seen an issues in the 3 years or so that I’ve had my sensors installed. And all on original batteries. I changed from a 2GIG panel to the IQ Panel 2+ (345 MHz version) and didn’t even need to change out my sensors. Just had to learn them in. 

15 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

I found that I cannot get the system to disarm when the option is used in a macro or even a programmed action. It will arm just fine. What an I doing wrong?

Well that’s concerning.  Interested in finding out if you get this resolved.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.