C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee devices going offline

Hey y’all, any thoughts on how to troubleshoot all zigbee devices going offline periodically. Seems to happen every 12 hours or so. System is a hc-500 on 2.5.3. Issue wasn’t apparent on a EA-3 on 2.9 with the same zigbee devices in the same home. When the devices are online they work well. Currently rebooting the system temporarily resolves it. Checking the detective suite even the controllers node/zserver shows offline but the zap shows online

It's honestly not worth the trouble of troubleshooting anything running on an HC-500 at this point.  They stopped selling that thing a decade ago.  Just get yourself a newer controller and be done with it.  If you don't want to spring for an EA even a used HC250 would do world better than the 500.  

Sold the house and want to take the EA with me, so its worth at least a $1000 to me 😆

I had a Cisco WAP sitting above the HC-500, which i now removed. The devices have been up since then, about 14 hours now. Il wait and see if there is any noticeable improvement. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.